Phoenix simulcasts and MCSO

  • roots_grow_ten
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi

      I've got a couple questions. Note: I have a new Pro96, and I've just
      updated to DSP 1.3. I live in Tempe, but I travel around the Valley
      quite a bit.

      1. I read in a previous message that Phx PD comes in best if only
      Simulcast A freqs are scanned. Is this correct? Should I lock out
      Simulcast B? I also have C, E, and the Thompson Peak IR programmed in.
      Are these necessary? What about when I'm driving around?

      2. I have all of the MCSO freqs in one bank. But I only like to
      receive the calls from the particular area that I'm in when I'm
      driving. Should I set up my banks in more of a geographical way? For
      example, with the MCSO Chandler freqs in the same bank as Chandler PD,
      Southeast Center with Mesa PD, South Scottsdale with Scottdale PD,
      etc.? Has anyone done something similar? How would I program the TGs
      if I were to do this?

      Thanks

      Sean
    • inlandaz
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
        Here's a blurb from the Radio Reference site concerning MCSO:

        Misc System Information (note the Central, East and West valley
        comments)

        "Note that Sites 001 (Thompson Peak), 002 (White Tanks), and 009
        (Criminal Courts) carry ALL MCSO patrol traffic on the system
        simultaneously. All other sites are fill-in sites that carry only
        talkgroups required by users presently associated with that
        particular site. Use whichever of sites 001, 002, or 009 can be
        received best at your location, but generally, users in the West
        Valley should use the White Tanks site, users in the East Valley
        should use Thompson Peak, and users in Central/Downtown/South Phoenix
        should use Criminal Courts."

        Here's the URL - http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?
        name=RR&sid=848

        --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "roots_grow_ten" <agave7@...>