[ArizonaScanner.com] Re: Mesa live feed

  • P
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 1, 2005
      Well I've got 2 clients on it now, and I'm only using one, so
      *someone* is listening...

      Here's the IP: 68.2.123.209 Port is 8000. Thanks for trying, please
      let me know if it starts working for you.

      -Phil

      --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "cab" <guille_99@m...> wrote:
      > tried it didn't connect didn't error out I don't know much about
      winamp.

      > but can you post you outside IP and port number and I will try it
      that way

      > charles

      Done
      > > > that. Opened the firewall to Icecast? Done that too. Icecast
      XML
      > > > config file pointed to the external router IP and not an
      internal
      > > > one? Check. Beat my head against the wall and pleaded to a
      higher
      > > > power? Done. Still no go past my LAN. Winamp just
      > > > says "Connecting..." and sits there. I get timeout errors
      trying
      > > > open the stream in IE. I can ping the router so I know I've got
      > > the
      > > > address redirection set up right, but trying to even download
      the
      > > > stream as a file won't work. I'm totally bummed and stumped.
      > > >
      > > > If anyone has Winamp 5.x and would like to test it, please
      reply
      > > here
      > > > and let me know if it worked or didn't so I know there's at
      least
      > > > some interest out there for this. Also if you have a suggestion
      > > for
      > > > something I haven't tried yet, please share that as well.
      > > >
      > > > I'd really like to get this working, and eventually set up a
      > > website
      > > > that can partner up with others to provide a portal for the
      other
      > > > simulcast sites so that the whole system could be monitored
      > > online,
      > > > not just the Mesa site. Getting this feed going is the first
      step
      > > > towards that goal, and that's where I'm stuck.
      > > >
      > > > Hoping someone can help,
      > > > -Phil
      > >

      > > New 2005-2006 SOUTHWEST FREQUENCY DIRECTORY 9th Edition -
      > > www.ArizonaScanner.com - The radio resource local experts wrote
      and
      > professionals rely on!
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > > --
      9/29/05

    • Jason McDowell
      Message 2 of 27 , Oct 1, 2005
        Hi Phil, is this feed 24/7 or part time? I just tried connecting both
        ways and it didn't work. I can't help you much with routers but theres
        a yahoo group called "livescanneraudio". It has over 3000 plus
        members, I see router questions asked frequently. You can also visit
        my website if you havn't heard of it, it has over 600 live scanner
        feeds from around the world. I don't host the feeds but its sort of
        like a library for scanner feeds. Well hope you get it up and running
        fine, Mesa would be cool to listen to. I listen to Phoenix frequently
        online.

        Jason
        http://www.scannerfeeds.us/

      • P
        Message 3 of 27 , Oct 1, 2005
          Thanks Jason, (love that site BTW, great job) I've sent a message
          there.

          The problem seems to be a port issue. No matter what I do, I can't
          get port 8000 to be open to the internet. If anyone has any ideas,
          I'd love to hear them as I'm all out.

          Is there anyone here who set up a similar feed on Cox internet that
          has any pointers?

          Thanks,
          -Phil

          --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Jason McDowell"
          <jasonpeoria911@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Phil, is this feed 24/7 or part time? I just tried connecting
          both
          > ways and it didn't work. I can't help you much with routers but
          theres
          > a yahoo group called "livescanneraudio". It has over 3000 plus
          > members, I see router questions asked frequently. You can also
          visit
          > my website if you havn't heard of it, it has over 600 live scanner
          > feeds from around the world. I don't host the feeds but its sort of
          > like a library for scanner feeds. Well hope you get it up and
          running
          > fine, Mesa would be cool to listen to. I listen to Phoenix
          frequently
          > online.
          >
          > Jason
          > http://www.scannerfeeds.us/
        • Jon Hanson
          Message 4 of 27 , Oct 1, 2005
            P wrote:

            >Thanks Jason, (love that site BTW, great job) I've sent a message
            >there.
            >
            >The problem seems to be a port issue. No matter what I do, I can't
            >get port 8000 to be open to the internet. If anyone has any ideas,
            >I'd love to hear them as I'm all out.
            >
            >Is there anyone here who set up a similar feed on Cox internet that
            >has any pointers?

            The problem you're experiencing could be from Cox blocking that
            incoming port. If you're on a residential connection you aren't allowed
            to run servers anyway. To enforce that fact, Cox blocks many incoming
            ports. I have a business connection explicitly so that I can run servers.

            --
            Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
            Homepage: http://www.the-hansons-az.net

          • P
            Message 5 of 27 , Oct 1, 2005
              True, but if that was it wouldn't I not be able to access the feed
              from the external IP? I checked the list of ports Cox says they
              block, 8000 isn't listed on their support page. I'm hoping that's
              not it, I really would rather not have to pay $99 a month or more
              for business internet service just to host a scanner feed.

              -Phil

              --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, Jon Hanson <jon@t...> wrote:
              > P wrote:
              >
              > >Thanks Jason, (love that site BTW, great job) I've sent a message
              > >there.
              > >
              > >The problem seems to be a port issue. No matter what I do, I
              can't
              > >get port 8000 to be open to the internet. If anyone has any
              ideas,
              > >I'd love to hear them as I'm all out.
              > >
              > >Is there anyone here who set up a similar feed on Cox internet
              that
              > >has any pointers?
              > >

              > The problem you're experiencing could be from Cox blocking that
              > incoming port. If you're on a residential connection you aren't
              allowed
              > to run servers anyway. To enforce that fact, Cox blocks many
              incoming
              > ports. I have a business connection explicitly so that I can run
              servers.

              > --
              > Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
              > Homepage: http://www.the-hansons-az.net
              > Weblog: http://www.the-hansons-az.net/wordpress/
              > Jabber IM: jon@t...

            • Roy Schahrer
              Message 6 of 27 , Oct 1, 2005
                If you have a router between your computer and cable modem, have you
                checked its configuration for any port blocking? Might be the problem.
                Which scanner are you using and what software?

                Roy - N7QYK - ICP963
                www.icp-az.org

                Message 7 of 27 , Oct 1, 2005
                  I have a router and used to have a scanner setup about 3 years ago
                  however I don't remember how the router configs were. I remember that
                  I had the port forwarding as 8000-8005. The rest was just trying to
                  switch around the different numbers in the boxes. It took me a good
                  day to figure it out also. I finally had to use oddsock or oddcast
                  something like that. Never could get the shoutcast DNSP to work. It
                  still used shoutcast but I used the oddsock for the connection or
                  something.

                  Jason

                  --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Schahrer" <n7qyk@c...> wrote:

                  > If you have a router between your computer and cable modem, have you
                  > checked its configuration for any port blocking? Might be the problem.
                  > Which scanner are you using and what software?
                  >
                  > Roy - N7QYK - ICP963
                  > www.icp-az.org

                • P
                  Message 8 of 27 , Oct 3, 2005
                    Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm working on this over at the
                    LiveScannerAudio group. It was not my intention to clutter up the AZ
                    group with help requests as I figured I'd get this up and running with
                    ease (ha ha, fat chance). I gave up on it over the weekend, but I'll
                    still fiddle with it every now and then until I get it going finally.

                    Once I have CONFIRMED that I have it set up right (which may be never)
                    I'll post an announcement here.

                    Thanks!
                    -Phil
                  • P
                    Message 9 of 27 , Oct 4, 2005
                      OK gang, she's up and running!

                      Here's the URL: http://listentomesa.no-ip.org/mesalive.ogg.m3u

                      Agencies on the feed:

                      Mesa FD/PD
                      Gilbert PD
                      Phoenix PD/FD (when simulcast on site D)

                      If I find more public safety agencies using the system I will add
                      them to the feed.

                      Now on to the next step. What I'd like to do is set up a website
                      dedicated to hosting other feeds from the system. So right now I'm
                      looking for some volunteers that own a BC296/796 or 396, have a
                      broadband connection, and would like to host a feed like this one.

                      Ideally we'd need a scanner host for Site A/B (Phoenix), Site C
                      (Chandler/Tempe), Site E(West Valley) and Sky Harbor's
                      Intellirepeater. This will allow the news media and other hobbyists
                      all over the valley the ability to monitor this system much easier.
                      If anyone has ever seen the excellent ScanGwinnett or ScanCapeCod
                      website, that will give you an idea of what I'm thinking of. The
                      site will include links to the feeds, system info, agency info and
                      tutorials to set up your own feed (now that I've figured out how,
                      lol).

                      If you're interested, drop me a line off list and let me know. I can
                      be reached either at this address or my personal address
                      pbsmalley@.... Also please drop me a line if there's any trouble
                      connecting to the feed.

                      Thanks,
                      -Phil
                    • Jason McDowell
                      Message 10 of 27 , Oct 4, 2005
                        Hi Phil, is this feed 24/7 or did you take it down for the night cuz
                        its not working on my end. I have the latest winamp and it keeps
                        giving me an http:/1.200 Ok error. Its now a half hour after you
                        posted saying it was up and running fine.

                        Jason

                        --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "P" <pjs7445@y...> wrote:
                        > OK gang, she's up and running!
                        >
                        > Here's the URL: http://listentomesa.no-ip.org/mesalive.ogg.m3u
                        >
                        > Agencies on the feed:
                        >
                        > Mesa FD/PD
                        > Gilbert PD
                        > Phoenix PD/FD (when simulcast on site D)
                        >
                        > If I find more public safety agencies using the system I will add
                        > them to the feed.
                        >
                        > Now on to the next step. What I'd like to do is set up a website
                        > dedicated to hosting other feeds from the system. So right now I'm
                        > looking for some volunteers that own a BC296/796 or 396, have a
                        > broadband connection, and would like to host a feed like this one.
                        >
                        > Ideally we'd need a scanner host for Site A/B (Phoenix), Site C
                        > (Chandler/Tempe), Site E(West Valley) and Sky Harbor's
                        > Intellirepeater. This will allow the news media and other hobbyists
                        > all over the valley the ability to monitor this system much easier.
                        > If anyone has ever seen the excellent ScanGwinnett or ScanCapeCod
                        > website, that will give you an idea of what I'm thinking of. The
                        > site will include links to the feeds, system info, agency info and
                        > tutorials to set up your own feed (now that I've figured out how,
                        > lol).
                        >
                        > If you're interested, drop me a line off list and let me know. I can
                        > be reached either at this address or my personal address
                        > pbsmalley@c... Also please drop me a line if there's any trouble
                        > connecting to the feed.
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > -Phil
                      • Roy Schahrer
                        Message 11 of 27 , Oct 4, 2005
                          Seems to be working here. Decent sound too though it could be a bit
                          louder.

                          Roy - N7QYK - ICP963
                          www.icp-az.org

                          Hi Phil, is this feed 24/7 or did you take it down for the night cuz its
                          not working on my end. I have the latest winamp and it keeps giving me
                          an http:/1.200 Ok error. Its now a half hour after you posted saying it
                          was up and running fine.

                          Jason

                          --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "P" <pjs7445@y...> wrote:
                          > OK gang, she's up and running!
                          >
                          > Here's the URL: http://listentomesa.no-ip.org/mesalive.ogg.m3u
                          >
                          > Agencies on the feed:
                          >
                          > Mesa FD/PD
                          > Gilbert PD
                          > Phoenix PD/FD (when simulcast on site D)
                          >
                          > If I find more public safety agencies using the system I will add
                          > them to the feed.
                          >
                          > Now on to the next step. What I'd like to do is set up a website
                          > dedicated to hosting other feeds from the system. So right now I'm
                          > looking for some volunteers that own a BC296/796 or 396, have a
                          > broadband connection, and would like to host a feed like this one.
                          >
                          > Ideally we'd need a scanner host for Site A/B (Phoenix), Site C
                          > (Chandler/Tempe), Site E(West Valley) and Sky Harbor's
                          > Intellirepeater. This will allow the news media and other hobbyists
                          > all over the valley the ability to monitor this system much easier. If

                          > anyone has ever seen the excellent ScanGwinnett or ScanCapeCod
                          > website, that will give you an idea of what I'm thinking of. The site
                          > will include links to the feeds, system info, agency info and
                          > tutorials to set up your own feed (now that I've figured out how,
                          > lol).
                          >
                          > If you're interested, drop me a line off list and let me know. I can
                          > be reached either at this address or my personal address
                          > pbsmalley@c... Also please drop me a line if there's any trouble
                          > connecting to the feed.
                          >
                          > Thanks,
                          > -Phil
                        • Jason McDowell
                          Message 12 of 27 , Oct 4, 2005
                            hmm very interesting, i'm using Winamp 5, i'll guess i'll try updating
                            winamp and see if that helps any.

                          • Jason McDowell
                            Message 13 of 27 , Oct 4, 2005
                              Yep still won't work after the 5.1 lite update. I looked at the file
                              types and it doesnt have .ogg but m3u is there. I don't want to
                              download the full one at work here so i'll check to see if it works
                              when I get home. Are you using winamp Roy?

                              Jason

                              <jasonpeoria911@y...> wrote:
                              > hmm very interesting, i'm using Winamp 5, i'll guess i'll try updating
                              > winamp and see if that helps any.
                              >
                              > Jason
                              >

                              > --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Schahrer" <n7qyk@c...>
                              wrote:
                              > > Seems to be working here. Decent sound too though it could be a bit
                              > > louder.
                              > >
                              > > Roy - N7QYK - ICP963
                              > > www.icp-az.org

                            • Roy Schahrer
                              Message 14 of 27 , Oct 4, 2005
                                Yes, running Winamp 5.091 here.

                                Message 15 of 27 , Oct 4, 2005
                                  Is there a way to just listen to one or the other like mesa stuff only?

                                  Jason McDowell <jasonpeoria911@...> wrote:hmm very interesting, i'm using Winamp 5, i'll guess i'll try updating
                                  winamp and see if that helps any.

                                  Jason

                                  --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Schahrer" <n7qyk@c...> wrote:
                                  > Seems to be working here. Decent sound too though it could be a bit
                                  > louder.
                                  >
                                  > Roy - N7QYK - ICP963
                                  > www.icp-az.org

                                  Two way radio battery Two way radio rental Two way radio Motorola two way radios Public safety radio Two way radio accessory

                                  ---------------------------------

                                • P
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Oct 5, 2005
                                    Steven,
                                    Well most of what you will hear is Gilbert or Mesa. Phoenix is a
                                    pretty rare catch, especially FD. To compensate, the priority is on
                                    and is set to jump to Mesa PD channel 5 (Chase/Hot monitor) and Mesa
                                    FD channel 2 (the usual channel for working fires and serious
                                    accidents). So mostly you will hear Mesa, but I plan to keep
                                    Gilbert, they get some good stuff too.

                                    If more people with digital scanners host feeds, I can limit mine to
                                    just Mesa. But for now I'm pretty much it for Gilbert and Mesa PD so
                                    I'll leave it as is for now. If Phoenix becomes a problem and I get
                                    enough requests to lock them out, I'll do so, as Phoenix is hosted
                                    by AZCentral anyway.

                                    Jason,
                                    I did have a few hiccups after I made my announcement. I was trying
                                    to get XP to share the internet connection with our other computer
                                    in the living room and wasn't having any luck. Seems I can have the
                                    USB connection going or the LAN card going, but so far not both at
                                    the same time. My wife is cool with it though, she says she'll just
                                    web surf on this PC until I get it figured out so I won't have to
                                    take the feed down. That cinched it for me. She's a keeper... ;-)

                                    The other thing that might have happened is the server got
                                    absolutely slammed when I posted the message, so there's a good
                                    chance you simply didn't get to it quick enough. I've got 113
                                    connections logged so far in my server stats. Thats about 110 more
                                    than I had before I made the announcement. Wow, you guys! Take it
                                    easy! ;-)

                                    Roy,
                                    I will be working on getting the audio cleaned up. Right now I'm
                                    just glad it works at all. You have no idea what I had to go thru to
                                    get this far... LOL. Let's just say routers and live feeds are not
                                    good friends, or even acquaintances. The problem is two fold, 1st
                                    the audio is not consistent on the system, i.e. one channel is soft
                                    the other is loud. Also the signal quality sometimes goes south in
                                    here and when that happens the scanner seems to have fits. Right
                                    now, the best I can do is just find the sweet spot on the volume
                                    knob that sounds the best when someone over in dispatch decides to
                                    swallow the mic. That most likely means turning the volume up at
                                    your end, unfortunately.

                                    All,
                                    Expect a few more hiccups until I get all the kinks worked out, but
                                    don't worry, if it's down and there's no "Uh oh" in here from me,
                                    give it a few minutes and try again. I'll do my best to keep it
                                    running for us.

                                    Thanks everyone for the feedback and the help,
                                    -Phil
                                  • Danz, Dan
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Oct 5, 2005
                                      > http:/1.200 Ok

                                      This is not an error response ... it means the server of your http
                                      request responded with something.
                                      It might be that you don't have an association for the m3u file type.

                                      Try opening winamp manually, then use File/Play URL... and enter the
                                      URL
                                      http://listentomesa.no-ip.org/mesalive.ogg.m3u
                                      <http://listentomesa.no-ip.org/mesalive.ogg.m3u>

                                      Works for me. (WinAmp 5)....

                                      If that makes it work for you, open WinAmp preferences and be sure that
                                      the .m3u extension is one of the ones associated with WinAmp.

                                      --
                                      L. W. "Dan" Danz (WA5SKM)
                                      Fountain Hills AZ

                                      ________________________________

                                      wrote:
                                      > Seems to be working here. Decent sound too though it could be a bit
                                      > louder.
                                      >
                                      > Roy - N7QYK - ICP963
                                      > www.icp-az.org

                                    • Ed Cifelli
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Oct 5, 2005
                                        I d/l 5.1 last nite and it worked ok. Only comment was
                                        that it would be nice to have it louder.
                                        Question: I am in an area that is still on
                                        conventional, does the digital alway sound compressed?

                                        EdC

                                        EdC
                                        Concho AZ

                                        __________________________________
                                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                                      • Dylan
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Oct 5, 2005
                                          Yes, usally the digital is pretty compresed, it hard to scan banks
                                          with digital & conventional mixed cause it goes from normal sounding
                                          (digital, cause you have to have the volume turned up) then to very
                                          loud on the conventional. But since on the feed your only listening
                                          to Digital then maybe he could do something to turn the sound up.

                                          In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, Ed Cifelli <kc7mwp@y...> wrote:
                                          > I d/l 5.1 last nite and it worked ok. Only comment was
                                          > that it would be nice to have it louder.
                                          > Question: I am in an area that is still on
                                          > conventional, does the digital alway sound compressed?
                                          >
                                          > EdC
                                          >
                                          > --- "Danz, Dan" <Dan.Danz@s...> wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > > http:/1.200 Ok
                                          > >
                                          > > This is not an error response ... it means the
                                          > > server of your http
                                          > > request responded with something.
                                          > > It might be that you don't have an association for
                                          > > the m3u file type.
                                          > >
                                          > > Try opening winamp manually, then use File/Play
                                          > > URL... and enter the
                                          > > URL
                                          > > http://listentomesa.no-ip.org/mesalive.ogg.m3u
                                          > > <http://listentomesa.no-ip.org/mesalive.ogg.m3u>
                                          > >
                                          > > Works for me. (WinAmp 5)....
                                          > >
                                          > > If that makes it work for you, open WinAmp
                                          > > preferences and be sure that
                                          > > the .m3u extension is one of the ones associated
                                          > > with WinAmp.
                                          > >

                                          > > --
                                          > > L. W. "Dan" Danz (WA5SKM)
                                          > > Fountain Hills AZ
                                          > >

                                          > > ________________________________

                                          subject=Unsubscribe>

                                          > > Yahoo! Terms of

                                          > > removed]
                                          > >

                                          > EdC
                                          > Concho AZ
                                          >

                                          > __________________________________
                                          > http://mail.yahoo.com
                                        • P
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Oct 7, 2005
                                            wrote:

                                            > I d/l 5.1 last nite and it worked ok. Only comment was
                                            > that it would be nice to have it louder.
                                            > Question: I am in an area that is still on
                                            > conventional, does the digital alway sound compressed?
                                            >
                                            > EdC

                                            Ed,

                                            The ogg/vorbis compression on the feed further compresses the sound
                                            slightly, but other than that, this is pretty much what a digital
                                            scanner sounds like. I've been on scene to a few things in Mesa and
                                            overheard the real radios, they sound alot better than our cheapie
                                            little scanners do. :-) Hopefully someday Uniden and GRE will catch
                                            up to big M and we'll have nice, clear and loud radios too.

                                            Sorry about the volume but if I turn it up much louder than it is,
                                            then the sound quality gets blown out and the feed sounds horrible.
                                            Unfortunately folks will just have to turn it up at their end for
                                            now. Sorry about that. If I figure out a way around it, I'll turn it
                                            up louder.

                                            -Phil
                                          • Danz, Dan
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Oct 7, 2005
                                              As a dispatcher at MCSO, I listen to P25 digital audio from the
                                              dispatcher's console. I found the feed audio from Phil's site to be
                                              remarkably similar to, and perhaps a bit better than, what I hear at my
                                              console or on a deputy's radio in the field, and a lot better than I
                                              usually hear it on my BCD396T and its tiny speaker.

                                              If you say that it's not a full sound with lots of bass, and a wide
                                              frequency range, I guess I'd agree, but then again I don't want to hear
                                              a lot of bass on a communications channel. I'm not listening to music.
                                              I'm listening for comprehension of spoken words, and deep and loud bass
                                              typically interferes with that understanding. High frequency sounds
                                              don't add that much either. Bell Labs folks did a lot of research
                                              years ago and concluded that anything over ??? 4 Khz ??? was unnecessary
                                              for communicating the spoken word.

                                              The volume was just right for me .....

                                              So I say: hats off to Phil. Great job. Thanks for putting up the
                                              feed.

                                              Dan Danz

                                              ________________________________

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Oct 18, 2005
                                                Did this audio feed go away?

                                                Roy N7QYK - ICP963
                                              • P
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Oct 18, 2005
                                                  wrote:

                                                  > Did this audio feed go away?
                                                  >
                                                  > Roy N7QYK - ICP963

                                                  I'm afraid it did... I had to put the router back in service or the
                                                  wife was going to hold my scanner hostage until she got the internet
                                                  back! :-) She didn't mind not having the internet for a while, but
                                                  this weekend she wanted it back. I can understand that. I tried using
                                                  the PC to feed the internet to the router but that was an exercise in
                                                  futility. So I finally just put things back to how they are supposed to
                                                  go.

                                                  If anyone can help me get it past the router, I'll keep it running.
                                                  It's still running now, but thanks to the router, only people inside my
                                                  LAN can listen. I've tried all the usual tricks, port forwarding and
                                                  such but no luck. All the server config files reference my no-ip url
                                                  rather than the actual address and still no one outside my LAN can see
                                                  it. ARGH! STUPID ROUTER!

                                                  -Phil
                                                • Jon M. Hanson
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Oct 18, 2005
                                                    How did you have the scanner connected to the computer? I want to do something similiar but I don't want to damage the scanner or the computer due to mismatched impedances between the output of the scanner and the input of the computer.
                                                    ---
                                                    Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                                                    Homepage: http://www.the-hansons-az.net/
                                                    Weblog: http://www.the-hansons-az.net/wordpress/
                                                    Jabber IM: jon@...
                                                    Sent from my Treo 650 smartphone

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Oct 19, 2005
                                                      --- In ArizonaScanner@yahoogroups.com, "Jon M. Hanson" <jon@t...> wrote:

                                                      > How did you have the scanner connected to the computer? I want to do
                                                      something similiar but I don't want to damage the scanner or the
                                                      computer due to mismatched impedances between the output of the scanner
                                                      and the input of the computer.
                                                      > ---
                                                      > Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
                                                      > Homepage: http://www.the-hansons-az.net/
                                                      > Weblog: http://www.the-hansons-az.net/wordpress/
                                                      > Jabber IM: jon@t...
                                                      > Sent from my Treo 650 smartphone

                                                      I just had the earphone out from the scanner connected to the line in
                                                      on the soundcard via a cheapie little patch cable you can get at Rat
                                                      Shack for about $5. As long as you don't keep the scanner volume fully
                                                      cranked you likely won't hurt your soundcard.

                                                      This whole experience has proven that it's not the ISP or anything else
                                                      preventing it from working, it's the router. I'd love to be able to
                                                      continue to host this thing so if anyone has any tips or suggestions
                                                      please let me know. Send them here, I don't check the email portion of
                                                      this account regularly.

                                                      I've been researching too, but so far no luck...

                                                      -Phil
                                                    • cab
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Oct 19, 2005
                                                        Phil I mite be able to help you.