Phoenix Metro Traffic?

  • kb7mib@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
      This afternoon, I saw three police Kawasaki 1000's at a Furr's
      Cafeteria in Sun City at 103rd and Grand Ave's. One bike had a thick,
      three-foot or so long antenna, similar to a Helical-wound CB whip,
      and one had either a UHF quarter-wave, or an 800-band antenna (very
      short). I didn't see the antenna on the third. The bikes were marked
      Phoenix Metro Traffic. They had red and blue lights on them, like any
      other police bike. Any idea as to who they are? What agency?

      At first I thought they were MCSO bikes, and since I've only seen
      them twice before, I decided to check them out. That's when I saw that
      they weren't MCSO. Which leds me to my next question. Where/when do
      they use their bikes? I've only seen them at one of the job fairs the
      SO held last year, and again when the Hell's Angel's and a few other
      groups rode into town coming down Grand Ave., being "escorted" by
      several agencies.

      Thanks for any info.

      John
      KB7MIB/KAE7927/KAZ7FA
    • Charles Simmont
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
        I doubt that a media agency would have motorcycles with lights and sirens.
        Just a thought.

        At 10:18 PM 2/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
        >Phoenix Metro Traffic was the name of a traffic reporting agency contracted
        >by many valley radio stations in Phoenix, a few years ago. Don't know if
        >this is the same group. I also remember there used to be a number of
        >helicopters they used to give traffic reports, and they broadcast in the 450
        >Mhz band, back to the radio stations and their base. This info might be
        >available by FCC record search, or possibly SW directory. I will check my
        >listings for any info on Phx Metro Traffic.
        >

        > 73's to all
        >

        > BD

        >Yahoo! Groups
        >Sponsor<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=176325.1307935.2900315.1248727/D=egroupmail/S
        >=1700034690:N/A=572118/R=1/*http://domains.yahoo.com>
        >
        >ArizonaScanner mailing list: radio frequencies and scanner related
        >questions and information for all of Arizona. Posting for sale items or
        >other issues not directly related to radio scanning in ARIZONA will get
        >you banned. Please keep it respectful and on topic.
        >Community email addresses:
        > Post message: ArizonaScanner@onelist.com
        > Subscribe: ArizonaScanner-subscribe@onelist.com
        > Scannerstuff website: www.scannerstuff.com

        ---
        Charles Simmont <icp509@...>
        Incident Command Page of Arizona - Dispatcher & National Coordinator
        http://www.incidentcommandpage.com

        Views expressed are my own and not that of ICP unless otherwise stated.

      • BD18PACKER@aol.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
            The motorcycle escorts or the funeral cops as they are often referred to
            are dressed in black & white uniforms and I have only noticed red lights on
            the front and rear of the bikes. Not sure if this is what was seen in Sun
            City though.

          • Roy Schahrer
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001