New Pima County system

  • Dan Rollman
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 1999
      Welcome to the new list, for those who have joined. Feel free to invite any
      fellow hobbyists in and around Arizona to join this new email community as
      well.

      Anyone have any further info on the new EF Johnson Multi-Net II 800 MHz Trunked
      Radio System going into service in the Tucson area for Pima County? The
      frequencies licensed for this new system are shown below. Are these active yet?
      Has anyone in Tucson tried trunk tracking this using a Pro-92 to attempt LTR on
      the system? As best I know, Multi-Net is not the same as EF Johnson's LTR
      protocol that the Pro-92 from Radio Shack is capable of tracking, but who
      knows.

      Now that I'm up in Tempe, monitoring the action in Tucson is a little more
      difficult!

      Mt Lemmon
      856.2250
      857.2250
      858.2250
      859.2250
      860.2250

      Tucson Mtn
      861.0000
      862.0000
      863.0000
      864.0000
      865.0000

      Elephant Head
      860.2500
      861.2500
      862.2500
      863.2500
      864.2500

      Thanks in advance for any input on this new system!

      Dan Rollman

      SCANNERSTUFF
      Dan Rollman, Proprietor
      903 S. Rural Rd., #101-261
      Tempe, AZ 85281
      (888) 589-0496 VoiceMail
      (978) 383-8950 Fax
      scannerstuff@...
      http://www.scannerstuff.com

    • Wayne Cummings
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 1999
        Hi Dan,

        How are things going up there in Tempe? I hope all is well with you. I
        have been pretty busy down here in Tucson remodeling our house. It is a slow
        process when you do it your self and try to manage other things.
        I have not heard anything new on the new PCSD system. No sign of new
        radios out yet. The EDACS system is still up and running. I have been
        researching the LTR vrs. LTR Multi-Net difference for sometime now. I really
        have not found anything to help out as far as monitorablility goes. Yuma has
        a Mutli-Net system up and I have been tempted to go take a listen.
        Everything I have heard says it can't be done. The new frequencies do have
        squelch breaks frequently and the last channel of each of the groups seem to
        have constant carriers. Scanning the groups with the OptoCom and TrakStar
        set for LTR does not stop on the squelch breaks or the dead carriers!!! I
        have not heard voice on them yet in trunk mode or conventional.
        I have never been able to get Joe Cardani to answer e-mail. I was trying
        to get on the E-Trax mailing list and get info on the rumored L-Trax for
        LTR. Do you have a good connection with him?
        Keep in touch and take care...

        Wayne Cummings
        waynedc@...
      • Dan Rollman
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 22, 1999
          At 08:22 PM 11/22/99 -0700, you wrote:
          >Hi Dan,
          >
          > How are things going up there in Tempe? I hope all is well with you. I
          >have been pretty busy down here in Tucson remodeling our house. It is a slow
          >process when you do it your self and try to manage other things.
          > I have not heard anything new on the new PCSD system. No sign of new
          >radios out yet. The EDACS system is still up and running. I have been
          >researching the LTR vrs. LTR Multi-Net difference for sometime now. I really
          >have not found anything to help out as far as monitorablility goes. Yuma has
          >a Mutli-Net system up and I have been tempted to go take a listen.
          >Everything I have heard says it can't be done. The new frequencies do have
          >squelch breaks frequently and the last channel of each of the groups seem to
          >have constant carriers. Scanning the groups with the OptoCom and TrakStar
          >set for LTR does not stop on the squelch breaks or the dead carriers!!! I
          >have not heard voice on them yet in trunk mode or conventional.

          Let us know on the list if you find anything else out on the new system,
          Wayne! I'm sure it'll get some activity soon. My brother (a Tucson area
          Firefighter) tells me some PCSO friends of him have mentioned the new
          system and that new mobile radios have supposedly begun to be installed in
          some department vehicles. No further, though.

          > I have never been able to get Joe Cardani to answer e-mail. I was trying
          >to get on the E-Trax mailing list and get info on the rumored L-Trax for
          >LTR. Do you have a good connection with him?
          > Keep in touch and take care...

          Nor have I. Not sure what's up with Joe. The E-trax list is pretty much
          dead, anyway. Though I've always heard that Multi-Net is very different
          from LTR, I hoped (and for some reason still hope) the new system will
          somehow be monitorable. Who knows... I suppose we'll see soon enough!

          Dan

          SCANNERSTUFF
          Dan Rollman, Proprietor
          903 S. Rural Rd., #101-261
          Tempe, AZ 85281
          (888) 589-0496 VoiceMail
          (978) 383-8950 Fax
          scannerstuff@...
          http://www.scannerstuff.com

        • Andrew Clark
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 22, 1999
            >Has anyone in Tucson tried trunk tracking this using a Pro-92 to attempt
            LTR on
            >the system? As best I know, Multi-Net is not the same as EF Johnson's LTR
            >protocol that the Pro-92 from Radio Shack is capable of tracking, but who

            Nope, sorry, the 92 is incapable of tracking multi-net systems. It seems
            like they're always going to be a step ahead of us.

            Andy