I tried. That was also before Facebook came along and forced you to use your name... -- Scott Atkins Burbank, CA USA On Thu, Julakinius_68
Shiny! I just wanted to check. I seem to recall, Scott, that you went through a phase of erasing your given name from your online presence... Thanks, Adamcimgrad
I'd do this if I had the gas money. :P Shawn 310.908.4332 Shawn Crosby, Thaumaturgist at Large - Listen to us weekly on Holonet Radio! Docking Bay 94 -
The ambulance was on display at WorldCon in Anaheim, CA August 23-27, 2006! It stopped off in Las Vegas for some restorations, with a round-trip to MountainCon in Salt Lake City, UT September 22-24. At DarkCon in Phoenix, AZ January 4-7, Jewel Staite (Kaylee) signed it! The ambulance remained in Phoenix for continued restorations including a new door and a new paint job! SiliCon in San Jose October 5-7; Creation's Salute to Firefly and Serenity in Burbank October 27-28.
1. Fix it up--wanna volunteer?
2. Pay for materials--please chip in!
3. Move it--The ambulance is on a customized boat trailer. Who has a 1/2+ton vehicle with class-3 hitch (rated for 500lbs tongue weight) to tow it?
DONATE HERE -- the official site
Besides restoration volunteers, tradesmen expertise, and money-raisers, we'll need researchers and contacters to find suitable stops for the Ariel Ambulance (cons, museums, hospitals, shindigs, etc.), word-spreaders, and some large, semi-muscular men and warrior women to help move it around. Please add an offer of your sevices to our Volunteer Services database.
- Universal Studios
- Sep 11, 2005
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.