Re: Re[2]: [ArielAmbulance] Helping spread the word

  • Shawn Crosby
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2006
      [DeLurk]

      I'm going to see if I can get the time to come out.

      Akin knows me; I'm Obi-Shawn of the H-Wing Carfighter Star Wars art car from the Griffith Observatory.

      I'm not a big guy tho', so I imagine I'll help when I can then vid and photo everything else.
      Any plans to caravan from the SoCal area?

      Also, i know that LACon IV (Worldcon) is looking for displays- my car and others will be shown there. If there is no contact with Worldcon, I'll be glad to make it.

      Shawn

      On 4/30/06, Adam <awhiting@...> wrote:
      C> Has anyone contacted The Signal?  I'm not sure when their next podcast is
      C> due or if it will be out on time but it might be worth a try.

      Cedric of the Bedlam Bards offered to do so. Is anyone else in contact or
      involved with The Signal or other podcasts? I contacted the Firefly
      Fanzine (hosted by www.browncoats.com)--the editor is stuck with his last
      20-page master's degree paper, but should have the next issue out by
      mid-May.

      One volunteer so far, besides Akin the Finder and driver Dean.

      Thanks,
      Adam
      216-225-8430 cell

    • Adam
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2006
        SC> Akin knows me; I'm Obi-Shawn of the H-Wing Carfighter Star Wars art car
        SC> from the Griffith Observatory.

        That is the coolest car ever! I read there was an accident, but Akin tells
        me you got everything fixed... (sigh of relief!)

        (for those who haven't seen this)
        http://www.shawnandcolleen.com/shawn/Pages/hwing/

        SC> I'm not a big guy tho', so I imagine I'll help when I can then vid and
        SC> photo everything else.

        We're definitely looking for folks to help document this historic day. Do
        you have a digital camera and/or video camera of your own? If not, I'm sure
        there will extras there.

        SC> Any plans to caravan from the SoCal area?

        Not that I've heard yet. Are you on the SoCal Browncoats Yahoo Group?
        Someone just mentioned that it would be an awfully long drive from San
        Diego, so I introduced you and your request for carpool, asked again for
        willing hosts to put folks up Friday night who don't want to hit the road at
        6am, and mentioned that our driver will be coming from the San Francisco
        area Saturday morning (he's crazy that way). I'll bet you could instigate
        something if you popped in and introduced yourself personally!

        Akin will be coming from Palmdale and Buzz from Lancaster; no other
        volunteers have checked in yet.

        SC> Also, i know that LACon IV (Worldcon) is looking for displays- my car
        SC> and others will be shown there. If there is no contact with Worldcon,
        SC> I'll be glad to make it.

        Jerome Scott, director of special exhibits for Worldcon, contacted us (out
        of the blue) months ago! We're on the exhibits list, all set to go. I see
        you'll be there too!

        Thanks,
        Adam
        216-225-8430 cell
        adam@...
        www.adamwhiting.com
        www.adamwhiting.com/Firefly
      • theoriginalquestmaker
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2006
          I have a friend from the SciFi board who lives in San Bernardino but
          doesn't drive the freeways. He might be interesting in going if he can
          find a ride. I pointed him in the direction of the SoCal Browncoats.
          Hopefully he can find a ride.

          Quest

          --- In ArielAmbulance@yahoogroups.com, Adam <awhiting@...> wrote:

          > We're definitely looking for folks to help document this historic
          day. Do
          > you have a digital camera and/or video camera of your own? If not,
          I'm sure
          > there will extras there.
          >
          > SC> Any plans to caravan from the SoCal area?
          >
          > Not that I've heard yet. Are you on the SoCal Browncoats Yahoo Group?
          > Someone just mentioned that it would be an awfully long drive from San
          > Diego, so I introduced you and your request for carpool, asked again for
          > willing hosts to put folks up Friday night who don't want to hit the
          road at
          > 6am, and mentioned that our driver will be coming from the San Francisco
          > area Saturday morning (he's crazy that way). I'll bet you could
          instigate
          > something if you popped in and introduced yourself personally!

          > Akin will be coming from Palmdale and Buzz from Lancaster; no other
          > volunteers have checked in yet.
          >
          > SC> Also, i know that LACon IV (Worldcon) is looking for displays-
          my car
          > SC> and others will be shown there. If there is no contact with
          Worldcon,
          > SC> I'll be glad to make it.
          >
          > Jerome Scott, director of special exhibits for Worldcon, contacted
          us (out
          > of the blue) months ago! We're on the exhibits list, all set to go.
          I see
          > you'll be there too!
          >

          > Thanks,
          > Adam
          > 216-225-8430 cell
          > adam@...
          > www.adamwhiting.com
          > www.adamwhiting.com/Firefly

        • Scott S. Atkins
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2006

            Ahhh, Greetings Obi-Shawn!  Saw the H-Wing today, but I guess I missed you...

            --

            Be Safe!

            1*

            Molon Labe!

            Scott S. Atkins <akinius@...>

            Palmdale, CA  USA

            <http://www.akinsworld.com/>

            I'm going to see if I can get the time to come out.

            Akin knows me; I'm Obi-Shawn of the H-Wing Carfighter Star Wars art car from the Griffith Observatory.

            I'm not a big guy tho', so I imagine I'll help when I can then vid and photo everything else.
            Any plans to caravan from the SoCal area?

            Also, i know that LACon IV (Worldcon) is looking for displays- my car and others will be shown there. If there is no contact with Worldcon, I'll be glad to make it.

            Shawn

            On 4/30/06, Adam <awhiting@...> wrote:

            C> Has anyone contacted The Signal?  I'm not sure when their next podcast is
            C> due or if it will be out on time but it might be worth a try.

            Cedric of the Bedlam Bards offered to do so. Is anyone else in contact or
            involved with The Signal or other podcasts? I contacted the Firefly
            Fanzine (hosted by www.browncoats.com)--the editor is stuck with his last
            20-page master's degree paper, but should have the next issue out by
            mid-May.

            One volunteer so far, besides Akin the Finder and driver Dean.

            Thanks,
            Adam
            216-225-8430 cell

            adam@...
            www.adamwhiting.com
            www.adamwhiting.com/Firefly

            Universal studios theme park

            Universal studio hollywood theme park

            Universal studio theme park florida

            Universal studios theme park orlando

            Universal studio theme park ticket

            Universal studios

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            §       Visit your group "ArielAmbulance" on the web.

            §       To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

            §       Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          • Shawn Crosby

              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2006

                *snicker*

                --