Re: [ArielAmbulance] Booster Events

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2 9:29 PM
      C> We'd love to be able to display the ambulance, but don't think we'll be able
      C> to, due to size. For future information, can you let me know how much will
      C> be charged to show the prop & how it will be transported? We're doing some
      C> 2007 conventions in other locations, so might be able to accomodate it
      C> then. Thanks for any information you can give me!

      Well if they've got it in their budget, it would be ideal if they could
      cover transportation costs: $200ish or their own 20'+ flatbed. If not,
      charging for pictures, selling bracelets, and accepting donations will
      hopefully cover everything. Extra money will go to charity (Red Cross?).

      Thanks,
      Adam
      216-225-8430 cell
      adam@...
      www.adamwhiting.com
      www.adamwhiting.com/Firefly
    • Cider
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5 11:54 PM
        Hi - I wrote back before I got this message,

        I basically gave her the details of what we have been trying to do in respect of fund raising and what we would like to do with the ambulance - ie - charge for pix etc.  And stressed that this was a fan based enterprise with funds coming from our hard earned pockets etc.

        I've had a couple of other ideas for fund raising which I don't know if they have been mentioned before.

        Joining Amazon and Booster events as affiliates and gaing commision on sales going through the website.  With amazon you can create links to spefic items (ie Serenity/Firefly DVD books) or just have a general link to amazon.  Anyone who buys something through your link - you get commission.

        Booster Events works the same - but because Booster Events have much more expensive items and give a 5% commision on most things - this is a better earner.  You just promote their events on the site and anyone buying a ticket through your link - you get commision.  I have been an affiliate with Booster Events since they started doing this and have earned several hundred dollars - which has kept my website going quite nicely.

        With Booster Events having several events planned for this year - as well as merchandise on offer - the opportunities to get commission are even better.

        Cider
      • Adam
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6 8:38 PM
          C> ideas for fund raising ...
          C> Joining Amazon and Booster events as affiliates and geting commision on sales
          C> going through the website.

          Great idea! What do we need to do to become affiliates? Once we get the
          special URLs, I can add it to our website (with merchandise pictures too!)
          in a matter of minutes.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7 1:36 PM
            OK - For amazon - go to www.amazon.com, scroll right to the bottom of the page and click on Join Associates - then follow the instructions.  You will likely have to give bank details and such - the UK version pay my commission straight into my bank account.  You can also choose how and when you want your commission paid - ie mobthly, quarterly on when it gets to a certain amount etc.

            Once your account has been approved you will be able to create links for specific items (for example go to www.whedonsworld.com/merchandise.html  You can play with the colours and such to create the look you want and they will provide the html code.

            For Booster Events

            go to www.boostervents.com

            First you will need to register an account with the site (click on register on the very left of the blue bar at the top).  Once you have registered you can sign in and you will see a drop down menu labelled Your Account.  From there go to 'Affiliate Programme' and you will find instructions on how to join.  Once your account has been approved you will be give a link to use on the site.  I can't remember what the options for payment were but I get paid monthly directly into my paypal account.

            Cider

            On 4/7/06, Adam <awhiting@...> wrote:
            C> ideas for fund raising ...
            C> Joining Amazon and Booster events as affiliates and geting commision on sales
            C> going through the website.

            Great idea! What do we need to do to become affiliates? Once we get the
            special URLs, I can add it to our website (with merchandise pictures too!)
            in a matter of minutes.

            Thanks,
            Adam
            216-225-8430 cell
            adam@...
            www.adamwhiting.com
            www.adamwhiting.com/Firefly

            Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • theoriginalquestmaker
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
              Any new word from Booster? I know it's still long range but I just saw
              where they are hosting Booster Bash 2 in Kentucky where the theme is
              all things Joss.

              Quest

              --- In ArielAmbulance@yahoogroups.com, Cider <cidergirli@...> wrote:

              > Hi guys
              >
              > I've contacted Booster Events re displaying the ambulance at the
              > Flanvention. This is the response I've received:
              >
              > "Hi Emma,
              >
              > We'd love to be able to display the ambulance, but don't think we'll
              be able
              > to, due to size. For future information, can you let me know how
              much will
              > be charged to show the prop & how it will be transported? We're
              doing some
              > 2007 conventions in other locations, so might be able to accomodate it
              > then. Thanks for any information you can give me!
              >
              > Denise Adams"
              >
              > This all sounds quite positive to me so I'd like to qet back to her
              pretty
              > quickly. I'm taking it that we are not planning on charging for
              displaying
              > the prop but would be charging for photos with the ambulance/props the
              > proceeds going to upkeep and transportation of the ambulance.
              >
              > Let me have your thoughts
              >
              > Cider

            • X
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 5, 2006
                When and where is Booster Bash 2 in KY?  I live in Cincinnati, so it is possible I could be there to do stuff.

                --
                Tenth Crew Member
                ~~ NOW WITH SOBERING EFFECT! ~~
                ~~ NOW WITH HURRICANE FORCE! ~~
                --
                *Swagmaster General ( http://www.cafepress.com/10thcrew )
                *Shiny Game Designer ( http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=13&t=12622 )
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 6, 2006
                  It's in Louisville June 8 - 10, 2007.
                  http://www.boosterevents.com/FanFestivals/BoosterBash2/tabid/347/Default.aspx
                  So far the only guests they have lined up are from Buffy and Angel,
                  Alexis Denisof who played Wesley and Juliet Landau who played
                  Drusilla. I'm hoping that they will sign up more guests before the event.

                  --- In ArielAmbulance@yahoogroups.com, X <tenthcrewmember@...> wrote:

                  > When and where is Booster Bash 2 in KY? I live in Cincinnati, so it is
                  > possible I could be there to do stuff.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Tenth Crew Member
                  > ~~ NOW WITH SOBERING EFFECT! ~~
                  > ~~ NOW WITH HURRICANE FORCE! ~~
                  > --
                  > *Swagmaster General ( http://www.cafepress.com/10thcrew )
                  > *Shiny Game Designer (
                  http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=13&t=12622 )
                  > *Join the Ariel Ambulance Rescue Group! (
                  > http://http://www.arielambulance.org )
                  > *MoJo (that's Minion of Joss to the uninitiated)
                  > *Amoral Compass of the SOBs!
                  > *Charter Member of the Tree Humping Lemur Society
                  > *"REAL SCI-FI FANS WEAR BROWNCOATS" - TCM
                  > *Brilliant Omnitard
                  > *Loyal S.O.B.
                  > *Steward of the J.O.B.( http://p103.ezboard.com/bohiofireflyfans )
                  > *a.k.a. John Yu

                • X
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 6, 2006
                    > It's in Louisville June 8 - 10, 2007.

                    Louisville is about 2 hours away from me, so it is very close!
                    And June is plenty far enough ahead to prepare for. :)

                    > http://www.boosterevents.com/FanFestivals/BoosterBash2/tabid/347/Default.aspx
                    > So far the only guests they have lined up are from Buffy and Angel,
                    > Alexis Denisof who played Wesley and Juliet Landau who played
                    > Drusilla. I'm hoping that they will sign up more guests before the event.

                    I hope so too! Though those are 2 pretty big guests in their own right!

                    If anyone has a plan for this event for AARG and needs my assistance,
                    don't hesitate to ask. I might even be able to convince some local
                    SOBs (Southern Ohio Browncoats) to lend a hand as well.

                    --
                    Tenth Crew Member
                    ~~ NOW WITH SOBERING EFFECT! ~~