This should prove usefulll

  • captrobertapril@aol.com
    Message 1 of 63 , Jun 10, 2012
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370621418898&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
    • Shawn Crosby
      Message 63 of 63 , Jul 30 6:33 PM
        Agreed on a work party- can't do it until after Dragon Con, which we're trying to ge the Star Wars art cars to. But count me in! pretty flexible schedule.

        I tryed to hook up with the Thule folks to pick it up on my way back from some recent San Diego events- nmo luck. I'll try again next week, after Costume College is over and I can drive down and get it.

        Shawn
        310.908.4332

        Shawn Crosby, Thaumaturgist at Large
        -
        PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR ROAD SQUADRON KICKSTARTER PROJECT:
        CARFIGHTERS: COAST TO COAST

        -
        Pilot/Builder, H-Wing and Z-Wing Carfighters
        Hazard Leader, Hazard Squadron
        Obi-Wan - Sunrider Base, Rebel Legion
        TK-5967 - S. California Garrison, 501st Legion

        On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Scott S. Atkins <akinius@...> wrote:

        Well, I work 11pm to 7am with Sunday night and Monday night off.  Most Saturdays I also work a shift for my part-time job from like 2pm to 10pm...

        Given my availability, I'd be willing to go back out... of course, I'm only good for unskilled labor when it comes to this sort of thing...

        --
        Scott Atkins
        Burbank, CA USA

        On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Adam Whiting <adam.r.whiting@...> wrote:

        Please thank your housemate for asking!

        Who's up for a work party this summer? Shout out some dates!

        Thanks,
        Adam
        216-225-8430

        On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Nicole Carlson <ecurve@...> wrote:

        My housemate hasn't heard back from her contacts at Santa Monica airport, so that's probably a bust. :(

        I still think we should have a work party this summer.

        --n

        On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Adam Whiting <adam.r.whiting@...> wrote:

        Obi-Shawn, have you had a chance to call and schedule a pickup of the Thule carrier/body-bag?

        Thanks,
        Adam
        216-225-8430

        On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Adam Whiting <adam.r.whiting@...> wrote:
        "Adam ~ It is summer and all 5 of my kids are home as well as my husband being on Hiatus! That means my schedule is wide open to meet any day any time. I am in the area of Lake Elsinore CA out in Riverside County. Please contact me directly to let me know who will be making arrangements to pick it up! My cell is (323) 707-**** just leave a voice mail or text me and I will respond as quickly as possible."

        I'll send Obi-Shawn her complete phone number, but anyone else want to offer to pick up the Thule carrier and deliver it to Obi-Shawn near LAX?--to save him a trip or potentially accelerate the transaction in the case of scheduling limitations...

        Thanks,
        Adam

        On Jul 3, 2012, at 12:41 AM, Shawn Crosby <obishawn@...> wrote:

        I missed all the excitement while Star-Warsing at the Dodger Game for Make-A-Wish foundation, so excuse me if I misspeak due to missed info.

        I can store the piece at my place easily, and even put some of the other gear in it, I'll wager. And probably pick it up -have a Hyundai Elantra Touring with a roof-rack- though if someone wants to bring it to my place near LAX, I won't say no.

        Also,  I was just at the museum in January to check on things. The AA is cool, and TAM is still fine with housing it for us. That said, are we thinking of moving it to the Santa Monica Airport? Even though the TAM guys are angels, I live 5 minutes from Santa Monica Airport, and it'd be FAR easier for me to work and check on the AA if it were there.

        Shawn

        Shawn Crosby, Thaumaturgist at Large
        -
        Pilot/Builder, H-Wing and Z-Wing Carfighters
        Hazard Leader, Hazard Squadron
        Obi-Wan - Sunrider Base, Rebel Legion
        TK-5967 - S. California Garrison, 501st Legion

        On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Scott S. Atkins <akinius@...> wrote:

        Nicole the Wonder Nerd is a shiny person and it'd be great to have her help...

        But again, unless someone has a place to store this, I think we should pass.  I'm also hesitant to contact the museum... they've not heard from us in years... what if they hear from us out of the blue and they demand we move it?  Until we figure out what to do with the Ambulance, I think that should be our number one priority...

        --
        Scott Atkins
        Burbank, CA USA

        On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Adam Whiting <adam.r.whiting@...> wrote:

        Nicole, thanks for your interest! Are you in the LA area and able to come help out yourself? Think you might be able to bring along some friends? Want to help drum up interest in the online Browncoat communities? No special skill sets required, but enthusiasm and any experience greatly appreciated!

        What dates work for you all? (I might be willing and able to bus down sometime between July 20-30 myself!) Keep in mind that the Ariel Ambulance is outdoors on the edge of an airstrip--safe from planes, but potentially very sunny and hot. Choose dates, times-of-day, sunscreen and beverages accordingly. :)

        There's an old work list on the website:
        www.arielambulance.org
        Scroll down to "Status" and clink on the "Preliminary restoration agenda"

        Thanks,
        Adam
        216-225-8430

        On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Nicole Carlson <ecurve@...> wrote:

        I'm glad we're doing this!

        Could we do a work party later this summer? I'm sure there's things that need doing.

        On Jul 2, 2012, at 11:33 AM, Adam Whiting wrote:

        Size 76"(l) x 33"(w) x 15.75"(h) and comes with keys to lock it up.

        On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Adam Whiting <adam.r.whiting@...> wrote:
        I agree. Three kind folks have each offered to chip in $50. I'll cover the rest.

        But I'd like to know that we have a place to put it. Any volunteers? I'll ask Tomorrow's Aeronautical Museum...

        Thanks,
        Adam
        216-225-8430

        On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM, <captrobertapril@...> wrote:

        I think we should go for it, but then, I'm in Denver and dead broke, so that's just my opinion.

        Bob