More Or Less Annual Update Request

  • pennausamike59
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2012
      Not seeing any activity, here or at the AARG website.
      So, just checking in for a status update.

      How are the finances holding out?

      Has there been any interest or money raised since the last reported $715.00.

      Any projected issues with the current storage situation?

      Any hope for an indoor or display oriented storage arrangement?

      Are there any plans in the event AARG loses the current storage situation?

      Any further repairs or restoration done?

      Why are there no incredibly wealthy Firefly fans to
      return the AA to her former glory and guarantee her long-term survival?
      (Sorry, that last one was purely rhetorical.)

      Mike
      My Firefly/Serenity Collection:
      http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541
    • Scott S. Atkins
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2012
        Good lord, am I the last surviving member who allegedly knows anything?  heh...

        Not at all true, as Obi Shawn is still around, and the props are safely locked up in his garage.

        I don't know anything about the funds, but I've not heard of any fund raising going on since I made that last $300-some-odd donation, which actually wound up going to reimburse Obi Shawn when he bought thos einterior control oanels from the ambulance that he found at an auction.

        As for "interest" or work done... well, at the last work day, some time ago, four of us showed up.  The other two have since moved away, leaving me and Obi Shawn.  He's horribly busy with work and his charety work on the side, and as I've aid from the beginning, not only am I not the guy to run this kind of operation, but I have no useable skills whatsoever for this kind of thing.  While Obi Shawn's Star Wars car proves that he knows a whole lot more about this than I do, again, his "free time" is nearly mythical...

        As far as I know, it's still okay where it is.  I sure hope so, since I literally don't know anyone with a vehicle big enough to move it, and we don't exactly have anywhere to move it to!

        There was some talk last year about moving it to another state, but that is on hold right now due to real life getting in the way.

        So basically, nothing is going on.  The last two locations that there was talk about displaying it both insisted on million-dollar liablity policies.  Frankly I don't know if it can ever be shown again without some wealthy patron to cover costs like that...

        --
        Scott Atkins
        Burbank, CA USA

        On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 07:02, pennausamike59 <pennausamike@...> wrote:

        Not seeing any activity, here or at the AARG website.
        So, just checking in for a status update.

        How are the finances holding out?

        Has there been any interest or money raised since the last reported $715.00.

        Any projected issues with the current storage situation?

        Any hope for an indoor or display oriented storage arrangement?

        Are there any plans in the event AARG loses the current storage situation?

        Any further repairs or restoration done?

        Why are there no incredibly wealthy Firefly fans to
        return the AA to her former glory and guarantee her long-term survival?
        (Sorry, that last one was purely rhetorical.)

        Mike
        My Firefly/Serenity Collection:
        http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541

      • Adam Whiting
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2012
          Thank you Mike for your good, clear, concise questions!

          Thanks to monthly subscription donations from a few of our generous
          supporters, we now have $2036.99!

          I don't have any answers to your other questions. My enthusiasm for
          the Ariel Ambulance waned after successful delivery to Tomorrow's
          Aeronautical Museum. I am willing to pass the reigns and what
          information I have to anyone who proclaims
          interest/enthusiasm/ambition and shows good email etiquette and
          organizational skills. Teamwork/delegation, dedication, and
          inspiration/encouragement are requested. Location is not a factor for
          non-hands-on work.

          Thanks,
          Adam Whiting, AARGanizer
          216-225-8430