Status Report and Pictures of the BDP Please

  • RICHARD
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2011
      Howdy Folks ,

      Is Anything Happening with the Ariel Ambulance or is it just sitting under a Blue tarp Forgotten ? Why Has No Pictures been taken and posted Here about what the BDP looks like now ?

      I last saw the BDP back in Oct 2007 almost 4 years ago when I brought it down to Burbank,California From San Martin Wings Of History Museum

      http://www.wingsofhistory.org/

      for Creations Salute To Firefly / Serenity and I think they are still doing that since 2007 .
      http://creationent.com/cal/firefly_2011.htm

      The Science Channel is showing the Series on Sundays and maybe they would do a special update on one of the Largest Privately Owned T.V. / Movie Prop .

      Keep Em Flyin'

      Richard "maintech" S.
    • Shawn Crosby
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11, 2011
        Richard-

        She's certainly not forgotten- Just went down to visit the AA, and check on her after the rainy season. Everything is okay with her, but we haven't done anything in a few months. I spoke to Shawna Trpcic (Costume designer), who unfortunately didn't have much to do with the Ambulance, so no help there. I keep checking with the prop guys I know and, while a bunch of them worked on the show, no one recalls doing the ambulance. I'd love for Science to do a piece on it, especially if it would help raise funds or manpower to work on it.

        I'd like to get a work party going to waterproof the cockpit. We have a number of interior panels that were used in the show to install, but I don't want to do it until the cockpit can withstand the elements. I'll take some pics next time we go down.

        In regards to CreationCon, they've turned us down several times, but they also turn down my Movie Car group with Batmobiles and Ectos and DMCs for lack of space. LAX Mariott doesn't have a big area to display anythng, and the only exception has been my Star Wars car because it is so tiny- and I have to be ready at a moment's notice to move it. There is a Long Breach Comic Con that might like to show the AA- That will be in October, and I'm going to scout the location April 23rd at their comic Expo to make sure that the AA can pass into the convention area. Wizard World Anaheim is in a few weeks, and I'm sure they'll take it with the rest of the movie cars if we can get it there- I'm talking to them now.

        Anyone want to come have a workday? I'm glad to schedule one. I'm free during the week if that's the only time anyone has, or we can calendar a weekend day.

        Shawn Crosby, Thaumaturgist at Large
        -
        Pilot/Builder, H-Wing and Z-Wing Carfighters
        Hazard Leader, Hazard Squadron
        Obi-Wan - Sunrider Base, Rebel Legion
        TK-5967 - S. California Garrison, 501st Legion

        On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM, RICHARD <rageim2000@...> wrote:

        Howdy Folks ,

        Is Anything Happening with the Ariel Ambulance or is it just sitting under a Blue tarp Forgotten ? Why Has No Pictures been taken and posted Here about what the BDP looks like now ?

        I last saw the BDP back in Oct 2007 almost 4 years ago when I brought it down to Burbank,California From San Martin Wings Of History Museum

        http://www.wingsofhistory.org/

        for Creations Salute To Firefly / Serenity and I think they are still doing that since 2007 .
        http://creationent.com/cal/firefly_2011.htm

        The Science Channel is showing the Series on Sundays and maybe they would do a special update on one of the Largest Privately Owned T.V. / Movie Prop .

        Keep Em Flyin'

        Richard "maintech" S.

      • Nicole Carlson
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2011
          I can do a work day.

          --
          http://ellipticcurve.livejournal.com
        • Freebajor@aol.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 11, 2011
                Hi Shawn ,

                Yeah , I would love to see the BDP in a nice climate controled area but one can dream . Thanks for the quick responce to my quiry about the Ambulance . San Martin would be a nice Central California Place for the AA I will check with the folks running the Wings of History Museum next weekend about maybe a Indoor display area and they do have Security fences and lights in place for some of their one of a kind Aeronautical planes , Autogyro, ect .

                It can't hurt to ask them .

                Keep Em Flyin',

                Rich "maintech" Slupski

                --- In ArielAmbulance@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Crosby <obishawn@...> wrote:

                > Richard-
                >
                > She's certainly not forgotten- Just went down to visit the AA, and check on
                > her after the rainy season. Everything is okay with her, but we haven't done
                > anything in a few months. I spoke to Shawna Trpcic (Costume designer), who
                > unfortunately didn't have much to do with the Ambulance, so no help there. I
                > keep checking with the prop guys I know and, while a bunch of them worked on
                > the show, no one recalls doing the ambulance. I'd love for Science to do a
                > piece on it, especially if it would help raise funds or manpower to work on
                > it.
                >
                > I'd like to get a work party going to waterproof the cockpit. We have a
                > number of interior panels that were used in the show to install, but I don't
                > want to do it until the cockpit can withstand the elements. I'll take some
                > pics next time we go down.
                >
                > In regards to CreationCon, they've turned us down several times, but they
                > also turn down my Movie Car group with Batmobiles and Ectos and DMCs for
                > lack of space. LAX Mariott doesn't have a big area to display anythng, and
                > the only exception has been my Star Wars car because it is so tiny- and I
                > have to be ready at a moment's notice to move it. There is a Long Breach
                > Comic Con that might like to show the AA- That will be in October, and I'm
                > going to scout the location April 23rd at their comic Expo to make sure that
                > the AA can pass into the convention area. Wizard World Anaheim is in a few
                > weeks, and I'm sure they'll take it with the rest of the movie cars if we
                > can get it there- I'm talking to them now.
                >
                > Anyone want to come have a workday? I'm glad to schedule one. I'm free
                > during the week if that's the only time anyone has, or we can calendar a
                > weekend day.
                >
                > Shawn Crosby, Thaumaturgist at Large
                > -
                > Pilot/Builder, H-Wing and Z-Wing Carfighters
                > Hazard Leader, Hazard Squadron
                > Obi-Wan - Sunrider Base, Rebel Legion
                > TK-5967 - S. California Garrison, 501st Legion
              • Scott Atkins