What's Up?

  • Chris Lagemann
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
      What's the status on the Ambulance? Haven't heard anything for a
      looong time...any new renovations?

      --
      ------------------------------------------I
      Now Andy did you hear about this one...
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
        Is it still located in Los Angeles?

        --- In ArielAmbulance@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lagemann <number1punster@...> wrote:

        > What's the status on the Ambulance? Haven't heard anything for a
        > looong time...any new renovations?
        >

        > --
        > ------------------------------------------I
        > Now Andy did you hear about this one...
        > Tell me are locked in the punch
        > Andy are you goofin on Elvis...Hey Baby..
        > Are we losing touch?

      • Shawn Crosby
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
          Still in LA... tried to get permission to bring it to San Diego Comic Con (which is this weekend) but no-go. I want to organize some work parties, but a busy schedule and 100+ degree heat have deterred me. Any other SoCal Bcoats are welcome to organize something, though. Haven't spoken to Scott for a while... we really ought to coordinate, and maybe get the engine pods, but he's been busy as well.

          I did manage to track down the black quilted fabric to match remnants in the interior.. I'll have to check on price, but I think it was $12 a yard. We'll want some for the interior, but not until we can make the AA watertight.

          I've collected a number of interior switches and buttons and such for the cockpit- I'm working on the new version of the H-Wing (http://www.shawnandcolleen.com/temp/H-Wing_2/ortho/HW2_350z_Orthographic.jpg), and I'm donating my spare parts from it to the AA. I'm always taking donation of AA parts, if anyone has anything they want included.

          The important stuff (costumes, props, etc.) are stored in watertight containers, and locked up in storage for safety agains nosey folks and the elements. Anyone is welcome to check them out at any time, or display them at any local cons. They want them for display at Loscon, and maybe Costume College in two weeks. I'm hoping to use that to generate more interest in the AA and in donations, but the economy being what it is...

          Obi-Shawn

          On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 9:03 AM, johnmarkeastman <johnmarkeastman@...> wrote:

          Is it still located in Los Angeles?

          --- In ArielAmbulance@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lagemann <number1punster@...> wrote:

          > What's the status on the Ambulance? Haven't heard anything for a
          > looong time...any new renovations?
          >

          > --
          > ------------------------------------------I
          > Now Andy did you hear about this one...
          > Tell me are locked in the punch
          > Andy are you goofin on Elvis...Hey Baby..
          > Are we losing touch?

        • Ian Ng
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
            On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Shawn Crosby <obishawn@...> wrote:
            > I'm working on the new version of the H-Wing
            > (http://www.shawnandcolleen.com/temp/H-Wing_2/ortho/HW2_350z_Orthographic.jpg)

            Wouldn't that be an N-wing, then?
          • Chris Lagemann
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
              I was curious to see if anyone had ever mounted the engine cowlings I
              made. If so, could I get a pic?

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
                I'm thinking "Z-Wing". Seems logical... X, Y, Z...

                On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Ian Ng <kincross@...> wrote:

                On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Shawn Crosby <obishawn@...> wrote:
                > I'm working on the new version of the H-Wing
                > (http://www.shawnandcolleen.com/temp/H-Wing_2/ortho/HW2_350z_Orthographic.jpg)

                Wouldn't that be an N-wing, then?

              • Adam Whiting
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 24, 2009
                  The Ariel Ambulance currently resides in the LA area here:

                  Tomorrow's Aeronautical Museum
                  961 W Alondra Blvd, Compton, CA 90220
                  (310) 618-1155
                  8am-8pm 7 days a week
                  www.tamuseum.org

                  Robin Petgrave, Hollywood stunt pilot, teaches inner-city kids to
                  fly--after a certain number of community service hours. Their website
                  has lots of video clips of news reports and interviews--quite an
                  amazing, inspirational, and successful project!

                  Thanks, Obi-Shawn for keeping an eye on the Ambulance; that at least the
                  costumes will get to be seen is exciting! I'd love to see what you come
                  up with for restoration and added gadgetry!

                  Thanks,
                  Adam

                  P.S. TAM has a fundraiser tomorrow:
                  ------------------------------
                  Semi Annual Legacy Dinner & Silent Auction

                  "A Tribute to the Tuskegee Airmen"

                  Featuring Keynote Speaker
                  Astronaut Dr. Mae Jemison

                  Saturday, July 25, 2009
                  The Proud Bird Restaurant
                  11022 Aviation Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045

                  Silent Auction and no-host bar begins at 6pm

                  Dinner served & program begins at 7pm

                  Dress is California Casual

                  PURCHASE ONLINE NOW AT

                  http://www.tamuseum.org/products-page/fundraisers

                  johnmarkeastman wrote:
                  > Is it still located in Los Angeles?
                  >
                  > --- In ArielAmbulance@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lagemann <number1punster@...> wrote:
                  >> What's the status on the Ambulance? Haven't heard anything for a
                  >> looong time...any new renovations?
                • John Mark Eastman
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 24, 2009
                    If we want to work on it....what is the protocol? Can I show up and tell them who I am?

                    Thanks!

                    John Mark

                    From: Adam Whiting
                    Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:27:54 -0700
                    To: <ArielAmbulance@yahoogroups.com>
                    Subject: Re: [ArielAmbulance] Re: What's Up?

                    ------------ --------- ---------

                    Saturday, July 25, 2009
                    The Proud Bird Restaurant

                    johnmarkeastman wrote:

                    > Is it still located in Los Angeles?
                    >
                    > --- In ArielAmbulance@ yahoogroups. com, Chris Lagemann <number1punster@ ...> wrote:
                    >> What's the status on the Ambulance? Haven't heard anything for a
                    >> looong time...any new renovations?

                  • Danceshadow
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 24, 2009
                      Hi Shawn..did you ever get some parts that I sent long ago...I also have extra black military headsets..that I am willing to donate for the ambulance..let me know..stay shiny..Crewchief

                      Whenever your not around there is no light..Phileas Fogg to his Rebecca...The Cardinals Design....

                      Time has caught me up and now I shall never get to say all the things I have wanted to say except I have loved you from the very first...Robin of Sherwood to his Marion.............The Greatest Enemy..