Re: Tournament of Roses

  • moonsinger@cfl.rr.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
      ObiShawn wrote:

      > I am in the color guard, carrying the red, white
      > and blue-banded flag of France; just next to and
      > behind the US and California state flags on the
      > forward (camera side) edge of the presentation. If
      > you are attending the parade, cheer out! Otherwise,
      > look for all of us crazy ones on TV, one-third of
      > the way through the 100-entry tournament.

      I read this message JUST too late to know which one was you ... but I
      did watch through the Star Wars part, and largely to see you guys
      since you'd mentioned before that you'd be in there somewhere.
      Congrats--you all looked great!

      M'liss
    • Heather Garner
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
        The camera flashed on you all pretty fast, but my husband picked out the French flag.  Hope you had the time of your life and get a nice foot massage afterwords.

        mikamom

        On 12/31/06, Shawn Crosby <obishawn@...> wrote:

        Greetings,all! I hope that the New Year is finding you well!

        Many of you know of my long association with Lucasfilm through various children's charities, specifically as an officer in the 501st Stormtrooper Legion and a member of the Rebel Legion costuming group. As a thank you for our years of service on the behalf of so many philanthropic fronts, Rose Parade Grand Marshal George Lucas has selected many of us to participate in the parade. I am marching tomorrow, New Year's Day, and thought I would just send n FYI now that I know what my Rose Parade assignment is- watch for me and cheer us on!

        I am part of Lucasfilms' Star Wars Spectacular entry, featuring two awesome floats, the Grambling State University Marching Band, and an unprecedented group of 200 marching white-armored Stormtroopers from all over the US and 24 countries around the world.. We have been sequestered and training in "boot camp" for the past week with the aid of US Army Drill Instructor Col. Anthony Toledo, and have just passed muster with Lucas and the ToR committee. It has been a tremendous time, but won't be over untill we finish the 5.5 mile parade route tomorrow morning.

        I am in the color guard, carrying the red, white and blue-banded flag of France; just next to and behind the US and California state flags on the forward (camera side) edge of the presentation. If you are attending the parade, cheer out! Otherwise, look for all of us crazy ones on TV, one-third of the way through the 100-entry tournament...

        Thanks, and a happy new year!

        --
        Shawn Crosby
        Executive Officer, Los Angeles

        --
        One summer.
        One mission.

        http://serenityjune23rd.com/
        http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/
      • theoriginalquestmaker
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
          Guess what i saw when I logged into Yahoo this morning. A colorful
          picture of some Stormtroopers.
          If all works well this link will work.
          http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070101/482/cars11201012104

          Quest

          In ArielAmbulance@yahoogroups.com, "Heather Garner" <mikamom@...> wrote:

          > The camera flashed on you all pretty fast, but my husband picked out the
          > French flag. Hope you had the time of your life and get a nice foot
          massage
          > afterwords.
          >
          > mikamom
          >

          > On 12/31/06, Shawn Crosby <obishawn@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings,all! I hope that the New Year is finding you well!
          > >
          > > Many of you know of my long association with Lucasfilm through various
          > > children's charities, specifically as an officer in the 501st
          Stormtrooper
          > > Legion and a member of the Rebel Legion costuming group. As a
          thank you for
          > > our years of service on the behalf of so many philanthropic
          fronts, Rose
          > > Parade Grand Marshal George Lucas has selected many of us to
          participate in
          > > the parade. I am marching tomorrow, New Year's Day, and thought I
          would just
          > > send n FYI now that I know what my Rose Parade assignment is-
          watch for me
          > > and cheer us on!
          > >
          > > I am part of Lucasfilms' Star Wars Spectacular entry, featuring two
          > > awesome floats, the Grambling State University Marching Band, and an
          > > unprecedented group of 200 marching white-armored Stormtroopers
          from all
          > > over the US and 24 countries around the world.. We have been
          sequestered and
          > > training in "boot camp" for the past week with the aid of US Army
          Drill
          > > Instructor Col. Anthony Toledo, and have just passed muster with
          Lucas and
          > > the ToR committee. It has been a tremendous time, but won't be
          over untill
          > > we finish the 5.5 mile parade route tomorrow morning.
          > >
          > > I am in the color guard, carrying the red, white and blue-banded
          flag of
          > > France; just next to and behind the US and California state flags
          on the
          > > forward (camera side) edge of the presentation. If you are
          attending the
          > > parade, cheer out! Otherwise, look for all of us crazy ones on TV,
          one-third
          > > of the way through the 100-entry tournament...
          > >
          > > Thanks, and a happy new year!
          > >
          > > --
          > > Shawn Crosby
          > > Executive Officer, Los Angeles
          > > Southern California Garrison
          > > 501st Stormtrooper Legion
          > >

          > --
          > One summer.
          > One mission.
          > One army of Browncoats.
          > Starting June 23rd, we aim to misbehave.
          >
          > http://serenityjune23rd.com/
          > http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com/

        • mrscarriep
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2007
            Saw ya. Congrats and thanks for the tip-off!

            CarrieP