Cider Fighting Fit

  • Cider
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
      Hi, as some of you may know, Two years ago I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome  aka ME.

      I have been extremely fortunate that, due to a prompt diagnosis and the support of my GP, family, friends and employer I have made a slow but steady recovery to the point where I am now able to work full time.

      Many people are much less fortunate than I and can never hope to attain the stage of recovery that I have.  I want to use my good fortune to help those people and others who have varying degrees of disability and raise awareness of what can be a devasting ilness.

      Before contracting CFS I was fit, active and healthy.  After two years of having to be fairly inactive and getting little or no exercise I have gained weight and the opposite of the person that I once was.

      Now that I have achieved my initial goal of getting back to full time work, my second goal looms ahead of me; getting fit and healthy again.  This will be have to be a slow and steady progress with many pitfalls and to spur me on I aim to raise £1,000.00 over the next year for Action for ME though the Just Giving website at http://www.justgiving.com/ciderfightingfit

      My progress will be charted by several small goals.  The first one is to increase the time I am able to exersise from 30 minutes to an hour.  There will be no time limits to any of my goals, once one goal is reached, the next one will start.  My progress will be charted in my exersise diary located at: http://blog.myspace.com/cidergirli

      So please help me to achieve my goal of becoming fit again and raising £1,000.00 for Action for ME, give whatever you can and keep coming back to check my progress.

      Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Action for M.E. will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you.

      Thank you for your support.

      Cider
    • theoriginalquestmaker
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2006
        Glad to know that you are better Cider. Just read your blog, don't
        overdo it. :)

        Quest