The State of Things

  • Carmela
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2005
      I am brand new to this group and I notice it seems kind of dormant.
      Where does the situation currently stand? I would love to see the
      Ariel Ambulance some place accessible for fans and protected from the
      elements... or at least moreso than the aircraft junkyard.

      At any rate, I just wanted to offer my help and support and see what
      is currently going on with the ambulance.
    • Adam
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 25, 2005
        C> I am brand new to this group and I notice it seems kind of dormant.
        C> Where does the situation currently stand? I would love to see the
        C> Ariel Ambulance some place accessible for fans and protected from the
        C> elements... or at least moreso than the aircraft junkyard.

        C> At any rate, I just wanted to offer my help and support and see what
        C> is currently going on with the ambulance.

        Welcome to Operation: Rescue Ariel Ambulance, thanks for your offer of help,
        and Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukah/Soltice/Io Saturnalia to you! :)

        Serenity promotions and my new job sapped all my available energy and time
        these past few months, so I'm a bit out of the loop myself. According to
        Akin, some folks bought out the junkyard a little while back. So here we
        are, back at the beginning... no contact, no deal, no transportation, no new
        "home" picked out... YET! ;)

        Akin, can you get any information on the new owners from the previous
        owners? I checked the Kern County Assessor's office online, but their data
        is four months old, so doesn't yet show the change in ownership.

        Alternatively: Can someone in or near Bakersfield, CA volunteer to stop by
        the physical Kern County Assessor's office? Email me off-list for the
        Assessor's Parcel Number. With that, they should be able to provide a name
        and business address for the new owners. (for FREE)

        Kern County Assessor
        1115 Truxtun Avenue
        Bakersfield, CA 93301
        661-868-3485

        In the meantime, the rest of us need to find someplace to put it. There's a
        preliminary list of Mojave-CA-area museums in the Yahoo Groups Files. I'll
        start calling them. To anyone with a little spare internet time: find more
        museums, medical facilities, airports, or wherever else might be interested
        in a piece of Sci-Fi-Western medical/aviation/TV-film history. Google.com
        and maps.google.com are our friends! Post the contact information to the
        list.

        To those interested in a particular challenge: find someone or some company
        in the Mojave-CA-area (Bakersfield, LA,...) with a 25' van or 20' flatbed
        who would be interested in helping us out--perhaps a browncoat with a
        furniture moving company, ranch,...?

        We are mighty; We can do the impossible,
        Adam
        216-225-8430 cell
        adam@...
        www.adamwhiting.com