      From: Reuben Reuben <redrubeheyrube@...>
      Subject: Re: [Archiecomicsgroup] Gay student in Riverdale
      To: Archiecomicsgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 7:42 AM

      I too am distrubed by this.  I puts a whole different dynamic into the Archi universe -- it puts in a sexual one.  There is no other way to state it.  It is certainly taking Archie away for it's core values as witness what at one time was its missionn statement:

      Archie Comics Entertainment, LLC (ArComEnt) produces family entertainment projects based upon the properties of its affiliate, Archie Comic Publications (ACP). Archie Comics Entertainment preserves, builds upon and benefits from the bond of trust that Archie Comic Publications has established with the public for over 60 years. ArComEnt will produce only socially responsible, morally uplifting, wholesome, family oriented entertainment projects.

      With the introduction of this character, Archie has moved out of the "family-oriented, socially responsible, morally uplifting, wholesome" zone.

      This has soured me to the company.