Tilapia & Goldfish?

  • Rob Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2005
      Hi,
      I'm trying to close down my small aquaponics system and just found a
      friend that recently installed a fish pond for goldfish. Do tilapia
      and goldfish get along ok?

      Thanks.
      Rob
    • a_howard1999
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2005
        --- In Aqua-culture@yahoogroups.com, Rob Smith <lovotz@g...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I'm trying to close down my small aquaponics system and just found a
        > friend that recently installed a fish pond for goldfish. Do tilapia
        > and goldfish get along ok?
        >
        > Thanks.
        > Rob

        Rob,
        Tilapia are territorial and tend to be aggressive. The males will set up a nest and
        protect it, so I don't know how the Tilapia will treat the goldfish. My guess is that the
        goldfish will be in trouble.

        Art