Re: [Apicius] Ferns

  • squashrot@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2000
      In a message dated 04/07/2000 11:00:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      LrdRas@... writes:

      > In a message dated 4/7/00 9:22:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      correus@...

      > writes:
      >
      > << I have never seen these canned. Can you tell me
      > where to find them?

      > I have found them at Wegman's and Giant. I suspect they are not a regular
      > product but they do appear intermittently on the shelf.

      Trust me on this, guys: albeit that tinned vegetables are all nasty, tinned
      fiddleheads are orders of magnitude more vile even than the tinned large
      green peas they used to serve at school. They are occasionally available
      frozen and aren't too bad, but, for myself, I get them fresh or do without.