Re: [Apicius] Re: The Philosopher’s Kitc hen - Recipes from Ancient Greece and R

    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2013
      Thanks!

      ________________________________
      From: Kevin McDermott <pncmcdermott@...>
      To: Apicius@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:55 AM
      Subject: [Apicius] Re: The Philosopher’s Kitchen - Recipes from Ancient Greece and R

      SALVETE
      I have the book; it's good — for what it is. It makes no claims to authenticity; the author is clear that her takes on the recipes are adaptations inspired by the originals, and thinking of presenting them to modern diners. The good news is: they're good, for what they are; she always gives the source text, so you can see what she's done (and/or make your own choices); and the book is beautifully produced. It's not really "for us," if you will — but I doubt you'll regret putting it on your kitchen bookshelf. As always — only one man's opinion.
      VALETE

    • qa9999aq
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2013
        I have it, use it, and enjoy reading it. The herbed barley with pancetta is a fav. ^__^