Re: The Philosopher’s Kitchen - Recipes fro m Ancient Greece and R

  • Kevin McDermott
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2013
      SALVETE
      I have the book; it's good — for what it is. It makes no claims to authenticity; the author is clear that her takes on the recipes are adaptations inspired by the originals, and thinking of presenting them to modern diners. The good news is: they're good, for what they are; she always gives the source text, so you can see what she's done (and/or make your own choices); and the book is beautifully produced. It's not really "for us," if you will — but I doubt you'll regret putting it on your kitchen bookshelf. As always — only one man's opinion.
      VALETE
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2013
        Thanks!

        I have the book; it's good — for what it is. It makes no claims to authenticity; the author is clear that her takes on the recipes are adaptations inspired by the originals, and thinking of presenting them to modern diners. The good news is: they're good, for what they are; she always gives the source text, so you can see what she's done (and/or make your own choices); and the book is beautifully produced. It's not really "for us," if you will — but I doubt you'll regret putting it on your kitchen bookshelf. As always — only one man's opinion.
        VALETE

      • qa9999aq
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2013
          I have it, use it, and enjoy reading it. The herbed barley with pancetta is a fav. ^__^