In Romana culina

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2012
      Ave!!

      Can anyone tell me if "In Romana culina" mean "In the Roman Kitchen"?

      Thanks for the help!

      Vale!

      CORREVS·APPIVS·IVLIANVS·APICIVS

    • Justin Mansfield
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 21, 2012
        That is correct, and both words are accented on their respective second
        syllables.

        Note, however, that the usual word order is "in culina Romana." "In Romana
        culina" is not wrong, but it's a bit emphatic... possibly like saying "in
        the *Roman* kitchen" (or, now that I think of it, it could also be like
        saying "in the Roman *kitchen*). I definitely think "culina Romana" sounds
        more natural, and I would recommend using that, but since Latin word order
        is essentially free, if you like it better the other way, I really can't
        argue.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2012
          Actually...I think I like "in culina Romana" better!

          Thanks!