Re: West Coast Culinary Symposium 2012

  • Donna
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
      West Coast Culinary Symposium
      CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

      Greetings, friends!

      All are welcome to the West Kingdom for a weekend of cooking, tastings
      and feasts! In addition to two days of classes and workshops, the
      Saturday night feast will conclude with a series of presentations by
      Symposium guests. We invite all interested parties to give a talk on
      their latest research project. Papers on the theme of Feast Service
      are especially encouraged, though we welcome submissions on all
      food-related topics.

      The theme of Feast Service can apply to any aspect of period feasting
      practices (e.g. carving, order of courses, tableware, garnishes), or
      to the applications or adaptations of those practices within the
      Society (such as the design or development of a feast event). If you
      have questions about the process of presenting a research paper or
      would like guidance in putting together your presentation, please feel
      free to contact Maestro Eduardo Francesco Maria Lucrezia in An Tir
      (david [at] vastrepast [dot] com) or Viscontessa Vittoria Aureli in
      the West (phoenissa [at] gmail [dot] com). Eduardo and Vittoria are
      experienced researchers and public speakers who will be delighted to
      work with presenters of ALL experience levels!

      In order to submit a proposal for a presentation, please send us a
      title and a brief description of your paper (250 words maximum) BY
      DECEMBER 1, 2011. Please send your proposals and any questions about
      the Saturday night lectures to Viscontessa Vittoria Aureli (phoenissa
      [at] gmail [dot] com). For general questions about the Symposium,
      please contact the autocrats, Duquessa Juana Isabella de Montoya y
      Ramirez (donnaegreen [at] yahoo [dot] com) and Viscountess Ysabella
      Dolfin (rachimov02 [at] yahoo [dot] com).

      The Symposium will take place February 10-12, 2012 in Fairfax, CA
      (just north of San Francisco). For details, please visit the website
      for the event (currently under construction; we will continue to
      update it as the even approaches):
      http://www.compassstarcatering.com/westculinarysymposium2012.html
      We look forward to seeing you there!

      Yours in service,

      Juana Isabella
      Ysabella
      Vittoria
    • Donna
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 18, 2012
        The Culinary Symposium is only 23 days away ... ahhhh!!!

        So much to do. So much fun to prepare for.

        Have you sent in your event registration?

        Pre-registration for classes will be open soon.

        Donna Green-Tye
        class coordinator
      • qa9999aq
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
          Any chance of a repeat in 2013?

        • lilinah@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
            long long ago, Donna Green-Tye wrote:
            > ...Some people in the historical group I participate in (The Society for Creative
            > Anachronism aka SCA) will be hosting a Culinary Symposium next year. It will be
            > the weekend of February 11 and 12 at Camp Bothin in Marin County just across the
            > Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco.
            [SNIP]

            Unsigned inquired:
            > Any chance of a repeat in 2013?

            Yes, there will be another one in 2013. It will be in Oregon, not far from Portland, from March 29 to 31.

            Here's the link:
            http://dragonsmist.antir.sca.org/index.php/wccs/

            A number of classes are listed, but there will probably be some added between now and mid-March.

            Anahita
            in the SCA: Urtatim (that's oor-tah-TEEM)