West Coast Culinary Symposium 2012

  • Donna
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2011
      Forwarded from the organizer of the West Coast Culinary Symposium 2012:

      Hi Brother and Sister Culinary Historians!

      We have opened pre-registration (mail in only at this time, but ACCEPS will come online soon). Duchess Juana and I want to get the word out to as many Known World serious foodies as we can as we need to limit tickets sales to 150 due to the lodging/food inclusive nature of the event. So PLEASE, if you know of anyone who might be interested can you pass along the information, guide them to the web page for the event and especially the preregistration page: http://www.compassstarcatering.com/preregistration.html

      Thank you!
      Ysabella Dolfin di Bellatrix
      925-323-2177
    • Donna
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
        The Facebook page for the West Coast Culinary Symposium is
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=178604645548239

        The website for the event (which is still under construction) is
        http://www.compassstarcatering.com/westculinarysymposium2012.html

        I'm working on putting the class schedule together. If you want to teach something, please let me know. If you would like to suggest a class to take, please let me know and I'll try to find someone to teach it.

        It is less than four months away and will be tons of fun.

        Donna
      • Donna
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
          West Coast Culinary Symposium
          CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

          Greetings, friends!

          All are welcome to the West Kingdom for a weekend of cooking, tastings
          and feasts! In addition to two days of classes and workshops, the
          Saturday night feast will conclude with a series of presentations by
          Symposium guests. We invite all interested parties to give a talk on
          their latest research project. Papers on the theme of Feast Service
          are especially encouraged, though we welcome submissions on all
          food-related topics.

          The theme of Feast Service can apply to any aspect of period feasting
          practices (e.g. carving, order of courses, tableware, garnishes), or
          to the applications or adaptations of those practices within the
          Society (such as the design or development of a feast event). If you
          have questions about the process of presenting a research paper or
          would like guidance in putting together your presentation, please feel
          free to contact Maestro Eduardo Francesco Maria Lucrezia in An Tir
          (david [at] vastrepast [dot] com) or Viscontessa Vittoria Aureli in
          the West (phoenissa [at] gmail [dot] com). Eduardo and Vittoria are
          experienced researchers and public speakers who will be delighted to
          work with presenters of ALL experience levels!

          In order to submit a proposal for a presentation, please send us a
          title and a brief description of your paper (250 words maximum) BY
          DECEMBER 1, 2011. Please send your proposals and any questions about
          the Saturday night lectures to Viscontessa Vittoria Aureli (phoenissa
          [at] gmail [dot] com). For general questions about the Symposium,
          please contact the autocrats, Duquessa Juana Isabella de Montoya y
          Ramirez (donnaegreen [at] yahoo [dot] com) and Viscountess Ysabella
          Dolfin (rachimov02 [at] yahoo [dot] com).

          The Symposium will take place February 10-12, 2012 in Fairfax, CA
          (just north of San Francisco). For details, please visit the website
          for the event (currently under construction; we will continue to
          update it as the even approaches):
          http://www.compassstarcatering.com/westculinarysymposium2012.html
          We look forward to seeing you there!

          Yours in service,

          Juana Isabella
          Ysabella
          Vittoria
        • Donna
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 18 4:22 PM
            The Culinary Symposium is only 23 days away ... ahhhh!!!

            So much to do. So much fun to prepare for.

            Have you sent in your event registration?

            Pre-registration for classes will be open soon.

            Donna Green-Tye
            class coordinator
          • qa9999aq
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
              Any chance of a repeat in 2013?

            • lilinah@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
                long long ago, Donna Green-Tye wrote:
                > ...Some people in the historical group I participate in (The Society for Creative
                > Anachronism aka SCA) will be hosting a Culinary Symposium next year. It will be
                > the weekend of February 11 and 12 at Camp Bothin in Marin County just across the
                > Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco.
                [SNIP]

                Unsigned inquired:
                > Any chance of a repeat in 2013?

                Yes, there will be another one in 2013. It will be in Oregon, not far from Portland, from March 29 to 31.

                Here's the link:
                http://dragonsmist.antir.sca.org/index.php/wccs/

                A number of classes are listed, but there will probably be some added between now and mid-March.

                Anahita
                in the SCA: Urtatim (that's oor-tah-TEEM)