getty villa feast

  • sallygrain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1 1:35 AM
      Just to update you all. if there is anyone who would have liked to but thought it was sold out there is news.
      A second evening of Roman food was always planed for the sunday and tickets are now availabale for this second event but ..

      The event has had to be pushed back out of the weekend as a main road in the area is to be closed and not
      even the staff would have been able to get to the Getty Villa. The dates are now 14th/15th July and both evenings have plenty of places

      Hope to see you

      sally grainger

    • Heather Rose Jones
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1 6:53 AM
        Well, I guess it's a good thing I wasn't able to get tickets for the original date after all, because it would have made it that much more disappointing when they moved it to a day I couldn't possibly attend.

        Heather Rose Jones

        On Jul 1, 2011, at 1:35 AM, sallygrain@... wrote:

        > Just to update you all. if there is anyone who would have liked to but thought it was sold out there is news.
        > A second evening of Roman food was always planed for the sunday and tickets are now availabale for this second event but ..
        >
        > The event has had to be pushed back out of the weekend as a main road in the area is to be closed and not
        > even the staff would have been able to get to the Getty Villa. The dates are now 14th/15th July and both evenings have plenty of places
        >
        > Hope to see you
        >
        > sally grainger

      • Kristin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1 10:18 AM
          Avete'

          Interesting news! - great to hear the other day was added, and that consideration was taken because of the construction issues.

          For those interested:
          The '405' freeway is a major roadway and will be shut down from the 101 to the 10 for a major demolition project from Friday (midnight) through Sunday - this will create problems as people will be looking for alternative routes and the Pacific Coast Highway (which is where the Getty Villa is located off of) is one of those routes. The event has been labeled 'Carmageddon' by the locals.

          I know some of the folks on this list are coming from out of town, so I wish you all the luck in your travels!

          Vale'

          Kris

          --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com, sallygrain@... wrote:

          > Just to update you all. if there is anyone who would have liked to but thought it was sold out there is news.
          > A second evening of Roman food was always planed for the sunday and tickets are now availabale for this second event but ..
          >
          > The event has had to be pushed back out of the weekend as a main road in the area is to be closed and not
          > even the staff would have been able to get to the Getty Villa. The dates are now 14th/15th July and both evenings have plenty of places
          >
          > Hope to see you
          >
          > sally grainger

        • Donna
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 8 9:56 AM
            Changing it to the 14th & 15th means I won't be able to go. I got tickets, but I'll have to get them refunded. Poo. I hope Mr. Dalby and Ms. Grainger do this event at some future date.

            Donna