Whats for Cena

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2011
      Ave Omnes -

      I thought it would be fun to let you all know what's being prepared for Cena tonight.

      [10.1.1] Ius diabotanon in pisce frixo - a suace with herbs for fried fish.

      We are actually going to grill the fish.  Small pan fish with a little oil and salt.

      [3.4.7] aliter cucurbitas frictas - alternative for fried gourd.

      Instead of gourd I'll be using yellow squash and zucchini.

      Either:

      [3.19.2] aliter carduos - another cardoon reciper;

      or

      [3.19.3]aliter carduos elixos - alternatively for boiled cardoons.

      Since cardoons are virtually impossible to get in my part of the Empire
      (I've only seen them for sell, fresh, twice) we are opting to use
      artichokes.

      The gustum will just be a Roman inspired salad with a type of oenogarum.

      The mensa secunda was intended to be a savillum but now will be a thick
      Greek honey yogurt with dates, almonds and figs stewed in wine.

      So there you have it - I toss it to the lions - "Morituri te salutant" - you may now pick it apart!  LOL

      Vale -