The Pompeii diet

  • Marianne Perdomo
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2010
      Hello!

      While we're doing items inthe news...

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11952322

      I'm not at all convinced by the Egyptian thing in the pasta article, either
      - all in all it doesn't strike me as a reliable article at all.

      Cheers!

      Marianne

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2010
        Good article. Of course, eggs, fruit and chickens were, and are, readily
        available. Most fruit grew, and grows, wild, particularly the figs. One
        could speculate that in a less generous climate food would have played a
        bigger part in class distinction.

        Lucia

        _____