Re: Anyone in the New York area?

  • coivinix
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
      Dear Pattie,
      Welcome to the group! You've found the place where the OTHER few hundred people interested in Roman and other classical cuisines can be found. That discovery was a huge turning point for me (and I expect for most of us who can be found here); up to that time, although I'd been interested in the topic for decades, I was "all alone."

      You'll find a lot of knowledge and a lot of inspiration—and hopefully the answers to at least some of your questions—here, and that is a big help in getting, and keeping, motivated. But it is true that having a flesh-and-blood person to bat ideas around, cook, and eat with is another huge help. Although living out in the sticks of Massachusetts, I was lucky enough to discover (through this list, of course) that another enthusiast, Lucia Dentice Clark, lived literally in the next town over. For both of us, after decades of interest, we now had the chance to sample SOMEONE ELSE's Roman cooking...which is immensely profitable just on its own merits.

      If you mean the Metropolitan NY area, I should hope you're in an excellent place to find someone to cook with. But, even if you don't, make sure you ask plenty of questions and show us the results of your efforts.

      VALE
      COIVINIX (Kevin)

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
        Oh Kevin, I learned so much from you, including keeping chickens

        Welcome, Pattie

        Lucia

        _____

        --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Apicius%40yahoogroups.com> ,
        "qa9999aq" <qa9999aq@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking for someone to cook with. ^__^ I'm pretty much a complete
        newbie, so don't want to excite anticipation, but feel that if I had a
        partner I'd be more likely to get motivated.
        > Anyone?
        > Pattie

      • Brent Nielsen
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010