Anyone in the New York area?

  • qa9999aq
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2010
      I'm looking for someone to cook with. ^__^ I'm pretty much a complete newbie, so don't want to excite anticipation, but feel that if I had a partner I'd be more likely to get motivated.
      Anyone?
      Pattie
    • coivinix
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
        Dear Pattie,
        Welcome to the group! You've found the place where the OTHER few hundred people interested in Roman and other classical cuisines can be found. That discovery was a huge turning point for me (and I expect for most of us who can be found here); up to that time, although I'd been interested in the topic for decades, I was "all alone."

        You'll find a lot of knowledge and a lot of inspiration—and hopefully the answers to at least some of your questions—here, and that is a big help in getting, and keeping, motivated. But it is true that having a flesh-and-blood person to bat ideas around, cook, and eat with is another huge help. Although living out in the sticks of Massachusetts, I was lucky enough to discover (through this list, of course) that another enthusiast, Lucia Dentice Clark, lived literally in the next town over. For both of us, after decades of interest, we now had the chance to sample SOMEONE ELSE's Roman cooking...which is immensely profitable just on its own merits.

        If you mean the Metropolitan NY area, I should hope you're in an excellent place to find someone to cook with. But, even if you don't, make sure you ask plenty of questions and show us the results of your efforts.

        VALE
        COIVINIX (Kevin)

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
          Oh Kevin, I learned so much from you, including keeping chickens

          Welcome, Pattie

          Lucia

          _____

          --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Apicius%40yahoogroups.com> ,
          "qa9999aq" <qa9999aq@...> wrote:

          > I'm looking for someone to cook with. ^__^ I'm pretty much a complete
          newbie, so don't want to excite anticipation, but feel that if I had a
          partner I'd be more likely to get motivated.
          > Anyone?
          > Pattie

        • Brent Nielsen
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010