Good News

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 9, 2010
      Ave!!

      I just received some great news today.

      I've been toying with the idea of going back to school and getting my Master's in Archaeology.

      Well, I took the plunge and applied.  Today I got the word - I've been accepted!!

      WOOWHOO!!!

      Vale -

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 9, 2010
        Congratulations!!

      • lilinah@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 9, 2010
          Correus wrote:
          >I just received some great news today.
          >
          >I've been toying with the idea of going back to school and getting
          >my Master's in Archaeology.
          >
          >Well, I took the plunge and applied. Today I got the word - I've
          >been accepted!!
          >
          >WOOWHOO!!!

          Hooray! (sorry, my Latin is insufficient and my dictionary packed away)

          Where will you be going?
          --
          Anahita
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 9, 2010
            Hooray! (sorry, my Latin is insufficient and my dictionary packed away)
            Most appropriate Latin expression here would be "Euge!" This not only means "hooray!" but comes from the Greek for "well done!"

            Euge! Feleciter! Tibi Correo gratulamur.

            Vale

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 9, 2010
              Wonderful! By the way, I got my Master in Anthropology much the same way,
              after my kids were in college. I had so much fun. No pressure or anguish on
              what to do with my life, just the pure joy of learning. Have fun!

              Lucia

              _____

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 9, 2010
                Thank you all for the well wishes and congrats - it is much appreciated.

                I will be attending the University of Leicester.

                I'm already talking to a couple of Archaeologists who are putting together expeditions to Egypt during the next few years.  I'm hoping to tag along in order to get some field work in.

                Thanks again,
                Correus

                • primus_pilus_3@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 9, 2010
                    That sounds amazing. Speaking of tagging along if you contact BAR Biblical Archaeological Review Assoc they are always looking for tag alongs and interns. I am suppose to go next year for some 1st century Roman digs in two locations. There are many opportunities

                    Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 9, 2010
                      Way ahead of you!  LOL

                      That is also on my list.  The UoL really helps students get onto the teams so that'll be a major benefit.

                      Do you know the locations your going to?

                      Correus

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 9, 2010
                        To the site of Caesarea Maritima and Caesarea

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 9, 2010
                          SWEET!!!!

                          To the site of Caesarea Maritima and Caesarea

                          Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

                          That is also on my list.  The UoL really helps students get onto the teams so that'll be a major benefit.

                          Do you know the locations your going to?

                          Correus

                          That sounds amazing. Speaking of tagging along if you contact BAR Biblical Archaeological Review Assoc they are always looking for tag alongs and interns. I am suppose to go next year for some 1st century Roman digs in two locations. There are many opportunities

                          Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

                        • hail_isis
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 10, 2010
                            Congratulations, Correus!
                            That is sweet news - definitely not a lemon!

                            May all your happy dreams come true,
                            Demetria

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 10, 2010
                              Thank you....