RE: [Apicius] Re: Other Cuisines - a few cookbooks

    Message 1 of 41 , Jun 30, 2010
      Thank you for this list of books!

      I have the Giacosa, and I agree that the recipes are easy to follow. My
      only reservation is that she does not give a bibliography, so to speak, for
      the ingredients. Where are they mentioned? This becomes very crucial in the
      case of basil, not commonly used in Roman cuisine. She just lists it in one
      of the recipes, without explanations. If any of you has any info on basil,
      please post it. As far as I know, Celsius lists it both in the foods and in
      the medications, but really it was not an herb of choice

      As for the other books, thanks again. Now I can look for them

      Lucia

      _____

      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 10, 2010
        LOL  LOL

        In my circle the 'modern' world began with the invention of smokeless powder.

        Correus