Re: [Apicius] Hello all

    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 28, 2010
      Go through the archives.

      --- On Mon, 6/28/10, myles kroll <kingofoceanna@...> wrote:

      From: myles kroll <kingofoceanna@...>
      Subject: Re: [Apicius] Hello all
      To: Apicius@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, June 28, 2010, 2:07 PM

      Hello,

      I cooked about 12 dishes when i lived in Seattle, but i wanted to find out if this group can send me new recipes. Can they do that or not? Plz let me know. OK.

      Myles K.

      From: Correus <correus@...>

      To: Apicius@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Monday, June 28, 2010, 5:35 AM

      Hello Myles -

      If you want to talk about Roman food, cooking, and meals you have come to the right place.

      Go through the archives and you will see the variety of topics we have discussed.  You will also learn that we have some incredibly knowledgeable people on this list who are more than willing to help with questions and such.

      Cheers!

      Larry

      From: myles kroll <kingofoceanna@...>

      To: Apicius@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 12:49 AM

      Hello all,

      I'm new to this yahoo club, and i was wondering if u all talked about roman meals, recipes and more or not. I do cooked lots of foods from the ancient Roman empire. Do u know new recipes of the meals u know of whom u know any good ones? Plz let me know. OK. Bye.

      Myles K.

      From: RM <apicius@...>

      Subject: Re: [Apicius] Difference Gollmer / Maier Translations?

      To: Apicius@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Saturday, June 26, 2010, 4:14 PM

      There are some differences, yes.

      First of all: Gollmers translation is not really complete. He left out some recipes, e.g. in 7, 13, 1-9 and from the end of book 10, and Gollmers edition is a pure translation without Latin text. I think he used Listers text - Vollmers edition from 1922 wasn't published yet when Gollmer translated Apicius in 1909.

      Well, Gollmers translation isn't bad, sometimes his German sounds a bit old fashioned. There is a reprint from Komet which is still available.

      And, of course, thank you for using my translation ;-)

      Best regards

      RM

      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 2, 2010
        Thank you!