Unusual Ingredients, was First Roman Cookbooks to Purchase?

  • lilinah@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 4, 2009
      Freydis wrote:
      > Oh, Oh, OH!!! I've got a source for Lovage and it is quite INEXPENSIVE!!!
      > http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/
      >
      > A 1 POUND bag of dried lovage leaf today is $17 USD. 1 Pound of the root
      > is $12 USD.

      Andrea replied:
      > I thought it was the lovage SEED that was used?
      >
      > Know anywhere I can get bay berries?

      We've discussed this and i suspect both seed and herb were used. You
      can find details of everyone's comments in this list's archive on
      Yahoo.

      What i'd like to find are myrtle berries. Anyone know of a vendor in the US?
      --
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita