Re: mortarium V

  • coivinix
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2009
      --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com, "ladyseraphine" <ladyseraphine@...> wrote:
      is it possible there is a merchant which sells a mortarium V or something like it.

      SALVE [TE]
      Although they are not listed on their admirable website, FORVM TRAIANI seems to keep a stock of them of various sizes (which is intentional) and various abrasions (which may be less so). They will ship internationally, and are physically in Germany. You can see some pictures of the one I purchased when I visited them in the summer of 2008 here:

      They are very good; I'm less pleased with the pestles they had at the time, and would advise you to make one yourself from wood. But the (cast ceramic) ones they had at that time will do the job.

      Andi speaks and writes good english, if you don't happen to have German.
      <http://www.der-roemer-shop.de/>

      Hope this helps. BONA FORTVNA
      VALE [TE]
      COIVINIX