Re: Ancient Greek and Roman Recipes? Olive relish becomes another appeteaser

  • Heidi
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 18, 2009
      well I need food that they ate in ancient times so these are ok :)

      --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com, Heather Rose Jones <heather.jones@...> wrote:

      > All the food suggestions sound delicious -- but I'm wondering whether
      > the original requester might not have wanted actual ancient dish
      > suggestions to serve. Since few people are giving sources or
      > citations in this thread, I'm a bit worried that the impression might
      > be given that all the suggested dishes are solidly historic.
      >
      > Heather Jones

    • jbd_29349
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
        I have had the olive relish created by Chris's wife and it is very good! I have also had the cheese spread many times and it is great!!

        At our last event there was another food vendor that has a Roman themed resturant off of I-95 in South Carolina between Charleston and Savannah and he had an awesome cheese dip. There was several herbs and spices in it. I am no cook by any means but it had the cream chesse and feta but the herbs in spices I couldn't even begin to guess what they are. When I asked him what was in it he only told me several herbs in spices.

        Hey Chris, I don't know if you or Michelle tried it but you having more of a cooking background than me might know.