RE: [Apicius] Re: Cheese for Libum?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2009
      I do use sheep Ricotta, not pecorino. The result is a soft little bread.
      Disterat in mortario can mean "work over" or soften, in a mortar. A guess a
      semisoft cheese like farmer cheese would be a good choice too, but the
      ricotta, once worked over a bit, saves me some work, and I like the flavor.
      I agree with adding some bran to the flour. I mix white unbleached with
      Graham. As to the bay leaves, to grow a little tree in a pot is really not
      hard. Mine is a good 15 years old and almost 3 feet tall. Every now and then
      I have to repot it, that's all.

      Lucia

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 12, 2009
        --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com, "Lucia Clark" <luciaclark@...> wrote:

        > I do use sheep Ricotta, not pecorino. The result is a soft little bread.
        Cara Lucia,
        Sorry...I was writing from memory; it was Aurelia Rufinia who uses Pecorino, not you, of course. If our lives ever settle down again and we can enjoy each other's company and food, we'll have to compare our LIBVM. I'll look forward to it!

        Kevin/COIVINIX
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 12, 2009
          Same here, same here

          _____