10 years Apicius-list

  • Courtois Julien
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2009
      Hello list members!

      Exactly 10 years ago today was the first message exchanged on the
      Apicius-List (then hosted by ONElist) :-)

      Thanks for the good "work" and let's continue for another decade...

      Your moderator,

      Julien
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2009
        Mehercle, has it really been that long? How the tempus doth fugit!

        To another 10 years of wonderful sweet-salty-peppery-umami only slightly poisonous sauces!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 27, 2009
          --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com, Courtois Julien <ivlianvs@...> wrote:
          > Hello list members!
          > Exactly 10 years ago today was the first message exchanged on the
          > Apicius-List (then hosted by ONElist) :-)

          SALVE IVLIANE
          GRATIAS AGO TIBI

          and that's about the extent of my latinity...we'll let IVSTINVS correct me, if necessary :>)

          Congratulations and thanks for making a place for us; otherwise we'd probably be boring
          the rest of the world, instead of talking to each other.

          Finding this place some 2 years ago certainly changed my life: in one brief moment, I was
          connected to the other 400 lunatics in the world who were interested in this stuff. And the
          results have been fun, gratifying, and informative. It wouldn't have happened without you.

          As a very late-comer, I'd be interested--and perhaps others would be, as well--to know a
          bit about the genesis of APICIVS. How and why?

          VALE