Re: [Apicius] Re: Noble Pig

  • paul martinis
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18, 2008
      Well the monk I asked said it is Optimus Sus.

      Tiberious Flavius Poulos,Centurio,LEGIIAVG

      From: jdm314 <jdm314@...>
      Subject: [Apicius] Re: Noble Pig
      To: Apicius@yahoogroups .com
      Date: Monday, August 18, 2008, 1:06 PM

      Um... is "noble pig" some sort of idiomatic expression?

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 19, 2008
        "Optimus Sus" is indeed a possible translation, but I cannot say if it is the best one or not, because I still have no idea what Correus actually means by these words.

        From: Correus <correus@...>

        To: Apicius@yahoogroups.com

        Date: Monday, August 18, 2008, 11:28 AM

        From: jdm314 <jdm314@...>

        To: Apicius@yahoogroups .com

        Date: Monday, August 18, 2008, 1:06 PM

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 19, 2008
          Ave JDM -

          I'm working on a project that is wanting to use the title "Noble Pig", but in Latin.  So, it will be the title of a start-up project.

          Does that help?

          Vale -

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 19, 2008
            JDM -

            Forgot one thing....

            While it is to be the title of a project it needs to be kept in mind that the title refers to nickname of sorts.  Kind of like saying to a person "you are a Noble Pig", or in the case of that boar shaped clay pot I have "it is my Noble Pig".  That type of thing.