lovage seed

  • sallygrain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2 10:42 AM
      Hi

      I have all my lovage seed harvested now so who wants it? Send me full names
      and addresses. Incidently what is the legal situation? re USA. How could
      we disguise them if we need to.

      Kathy - If I gave you the USA packets could you post them when you got
      home? See you in a few days.

      sally

    • Warrior Chef
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2 2:42 PM
        http://www.business-standard.com/lifeleisure/storypage.php?leftnm=5&subLeft=2&chklogin=N&autono=295796&tab=r

        An interesting place whenc cometh this article

      • cathykkaufman@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3 4:43 PM
          I'd be happy to do that, with the two caveats that mailing will be delayed because I am taking a holiday post-Oxford, so will be travelling for 2 weeks in Italy (including first trip to Pompeii, so suggestions welcome) and I may lose the seeds as "agricultural produce" if the customs inspectors search me!

          Cathy

          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3 8:40 PM
            Travel well, Cathy! You are a courageous woman,

            Octavia

            On 9/3/07, cathykkaufman@... <cathykkaufman@...> wrote:

            > I'd be happy to do that, with the two caveats that mailing will be delayed
            > because I am taking a holiday post-Oxford, so will be travelling for 2 weeks
            > in Italy (including first trip to Pompeii, so suggestions welcome) and I may
            > lose the seeds as "agricultural produce" if the customs inspectors search
            > me!
            >
            > Cathy
            >
            > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          • mz_nite_gardener
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 11 12:06 PM
              CAthy,

              Thanks for offering to ship Lovage seed to the US. Unfortunately,
              USDA rules on plant/seed importation preclude me from taking you up
              on your offer.

              The good news is, I found a US company online that carries them!

              http://www.territorial-seed.com/stores/1/index.cfm

              FYI: Here are the USDA rules in brief for importing non-commercial
              plants and seeds:

              Seeds can be imported after a USDA application is filed for the free
              permit. There is much paperwork, along with special shipping
              guidelines for both parties to read and complete, prior to
              exportation. The seeds must then be shipped to one of the USDA
              Inspection Points (the closest to me is San Francisco!) before they
              can be released into the US.

              : [Apicius] lovage seed

              > > Hi
              > >
              > > I have all my lovage seed harvested now so who wants it? Send me
              full
              > > names
              > > and addresses. Incidently what is the legal situation? re USA.
              How could
              > > we disguise them if we need to.
              > >
              > > Kathy - If I gave you the USA packets could you post them when
              you got
              > > home? See you in a few days.
              > >
              > > sally

              > > Post message: Apicius@yahoogroups.com
              > >
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • L E Storey
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 13 4:59 PM
                Thank you for the link! Much easier than the USDA process :-)

                I've ordered seeds for planting from Territorial Seed before --
                they're very good :-)

                Does anyone know if the lovage seed is treated in any manner that
                would make it unsuitable for food use directly? I.e., should I wait
                to harvest seed from plants I've grown, or could I use the seed from
                Territorial Seed?

                Cheers,
                -LES

                On 9/11/07, mz_nite_gardener <jenniferjhill@...> wrote:
                > CAthy,
                >
                > Thanks for offering to ship Lovage seed to the US. Unfortunately,
                > USDA rules on plant/seed importation preclude me from taking you up
                > on your offer.
                >
                > The good news is, I found a US company online that carries them!
                >
                > http://www.territorial-seed.com/stores/1/index.cfm
                >

                > FYI: Here are the USDA rules in brief for importing non-commercial
                > plants and seeds:
                >
                > Seeds can be imported after a USDA application is filed for the free
                > permit. There is much paperwork, along with special shipping
                > guidelines for both parties to read and complete, prior to
                > exportation. The seeds must then be shipped to one of the USDA
                > Inspection Points (the closest to me is San Francisco!) before they
                > can be released into the US.
                >

                > : [Apicius] lovage seed
                > > >

                > > > Hi
                > > >
                > > > I have all my lovage seed harvested now so who wants it? Send me
                > full
                > > > names
                > > > and addresses. Incidently what is the legal situation? re USA.
                > How could
                > > > we disguise them if we need to.
                > > >
                > > > Kathy - If I gave you the USA packets could you post them when
                > you got
                > > > home? See you in a few days.
                > > >
                > > > sally

                > > > Post message: Apicius@yahoogroups.com
                > > >
                > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Lilinah
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 13 5:06 PM
                  >Thank you for the link! Much easier than the USDA process :-)
                  >
                  >I've ordered seeds for planting from Territorial Seed before --
                  >they're very good :-)
                  >
                  >Does anyone know if the lovage seed is treated in any manner that
                  >would make it unsuitable for food use directly? I.e., should I wait
                  >to harvest seed from plants I've grown, or could I use the seed from
                  >Territorial Seed?
                  >
                  >Cheers,
                  >-LES

                  Why not write to Territorial Seed and ask them? They probably know.

                  Anahita