Re: [Apicius] Some comments to Sally's redaction of Apicius 7.4.1, OFELAS OSTIENSES

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24 12:15 AM
      In preparation for the Conventiculum (for which I'll be leaving on Wednesday), I am trying out this recipe. I did just get the bay berries I ordered from Penn (thanks for the tip, Apollo's Friend!), and I've long had lovage seed from Richters, so no need to substitute those. I did, however, use veal instead of pork, and dill weed instead of seed (and not even fresh at that!) I also won't have time to marinate it for the full three days.

      If it goes well, I might make it for my annual Conventicular Cena Romana. It's unexpectedly simple, and can be prepared a few days in advance. Though I can't probably spend the money on veal in that case.

      Thanks as usual, Kevin!

      JDM