roman army rations

  • ChannonM@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 1999
      This thread was running a bit ago, and there were a few posts on journal
      articles that were excellent. My problem is I am searching and searching and
      not finding these articles. If anyone has a copy or access to one, or can
      point me to the copy and I can obtain it I will be eternally grateful. I am
      lost in the quagmires of research and I'm afraid I'm drowning.

      I have tried searching on the net as well as at the University of Michigan,
      Wayne State and Canadian Universities with no luck. These are the titles;

      On Roman army food: R. W. Davies 'The Roman military diet' in the journal
      Britannia vol 2 (1971) 122-42.
      BA Knights, CA Dickson, JH Dickson and DJ Breeze 'Evidence concerning the
      Roman military diet at Bearsdon, Scotland in the 2nd century AD.' in the
      Journal of Archaeological Science vol 10 (1983) 139-52.

      Channon Mondoux