Re: Moretum Vicipaedianum

  • jdm314
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2007
      My Moretum article on the Latin Wikipedia has been chosen as Page of the Month for
      March! This means that whenever you go to the main page of the site, http://
      la.wikipedia.org , you will see the opening of the moretum article.

      So now that it has such a high profile, maybe someone will translate it and put it on the
      English wikipedia, something I'm too lazy to do myself ;)

      But seriously, can anyone who knows enough Latin to do so please go look at the article,
      http://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moretum , and suggest ways to improve it (or, if you're up to
      it—and they're not terribly drastic—make the changes yourself)? If it's going to be so seen,
      I'd like to make sure it's as good as it can be.

      JDM

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2007
        First, Congratulations.
        I could possibly give it a try on the plane on
        March 11 and then polish it a little when I
        get home where I have my dictionaries, then send
        it to you. I am SURE you will improve on it
        Sounds OK?
        Lucia

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2007
          Sure. And of course if there's something somethign you want to add or
          change, but are unsure of your Latin, or think it might be too drastic,
          you can always leave a note at
          http://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/disputatio:moretum

          JDM

          wrote:

          > > OK, those of you who can read Latin should definitely check out the
          > > oh-so-wondeful article I just finished writing for the Latin
          Wikipedia:

          <http://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moretum>http://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moretu

          > > If you can't read Latin... well I'd recommend taking a quick look
          at it
          > > anyway, because even if you can't figure out
          > what it says (and I'll bet you'll be
          > > able to work out a lot), you can still
          > probably get some amusement out of it.
          > >
          > > -IVSTINVS

          from AOL at AOL.com.
          =0
        • Kevin McDermott
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
            --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com, "jdm314" <jdm314@...> wrote:
            > My Moretum article on the Latin Wikipedia has been chosen as Page of the
            > Month for March!

            IO·TRIVMPHE·IVSTINE
            S·P·Q·A
            : >)