Re: [Apicius] Römertopf (Was: German)

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2007
      Hello Jane!

      Yes and no. I was on the hunt for a clay pot cooker, that is how we got onto the Römertopf topic got started.

      Then a friend from this list sent me a link that took me to an eBay auction site in Germany. A gentleman there was selling a very unusual Römertopf - the lid is in the shape of a boar's head. Take a look in the photo section and you will see it.

      Anyway, they guy would only ship to a post box in Germany. Once again, a friend from this list has offered to receive the cooker (which I did win) and then ship it on to me. The seller did not want to hassle with shipping it to the US.

      Clear as mud? <G>

      It is just such an unusual style! So I e-mail this group, and one other, to see if anyone recognized the style and maybe knew who made it.

      Larry

      janegc@... wrote:
      I'm late to this thread. Are we thinking that you have to get them from Germany? They are all over the place.

      http://www.romertopfonline.com/

      If this is old news, I apologize for leaping in.

      Jane Cates

      --
      Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson

      From: julien.courtois@...

      > BTW, here is the English site of the original Römertopf ®
      >
      > http://www.roemertopf.de/english/
      >
      > No mention of something even remotely Roman in the small history of the
      > company...
      >
      > Julien

      Yahoo! Groups Links