Doormice?

  • Joe Geranio
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2006
      What was the mice dipped in honey that Petronius speaks of?
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
        He is a link for you.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dormouse

        Correus

        Joe Geranio <geranioj@...> wrote:
        What was the mice dipped in honey that Petronius speaks of?

      • P. Dominus Antonius
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
          Hmmm. Where would one buy some nice juicy USDA approved dormice. The local
          butcher or at the pet store? I don't think either would like the idea.
          Evil though of the day: would regular mice be a close substitute?
          --
          >|P. Dominus Antonius|<
          Tony Dah m

          Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
          Mahometismus religio pacis, nex omnibus dissentint.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
            It is illegal (in most areas - they are a protected species) to raise dormice as food, but that is changing. They are nothing like mice, more like squirrel.

            Correus