Re: Apicius

  • jdm314
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 18, 2006
      Regarding Sally's new books:

      --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com, sallygrain@... wrote:
      > I do not think it will be distributed untill well into July and
      > august on line or even in books shops outside uk but you can get it from the
      > publisher I believe Prospectbooks.com

      The actual URL for Prospect Books is, bizarrely, http://
      www.kal69.dial.pipex.com/

      Their US distributer is http://www.oxbowbooks.com . This site is currently
      offering a special deal "for today only" (I don't know if that's literally true or not,
      but if you're interested I'd order it today just to be safe): you can get both of the
      new books for a total of $75.00+s&h. This is a great deal! That's less than the
      cover price of the more expensive one.

      JDM
    • Glenda Robinson
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 19, 2006
        I think the 'for today' is part of the title, not the offer.

        Certainly a great deal. And they have Bishop & Coulston's "Roman Military Equipment from the Punic Wars to the Fall of Rome" 2nd ed for $32 for the military minded!

        Glenda.
        > I do not think it will be distributed untill well into July and
        > august on line or even in books shops outside uk but you can get it from the
        > publisher I believe Prospectbooks.com

        The actual URL for Prospect Books is, bizarrely, http://
        www.kal69.dial.pipex.com/

        Their US distributer is http://www.oxbowbooks.com . This site is currently
        offering a special deal "for today only" (I don't know if that's literally true or not,
        but if you're interested I'd order it today just to be safe): you can get both of the
        new books for a total of $75.00+s&h. This is a great deal! That's less than the
        cover price of the more expensive one.

        JDM

      • Susan
        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 19, 2006
          Thanks for the heads up on this, I went ahead and ordered both; that's a great price :)

          Susan

          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 19, 2006
            In a message dated 8/19/06 2:41:16 AM, glendaslists@... writes:

            > I think the 'for today' is part of the title, not the offer.

            D'oh, that was silly of me!

            JDM