Beijing Cooking

  • Allan Hunnicutt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2006
      I had an interesting converstion with a couple of friends from Beijing this evening. Over our Beijing Duck I told them a story I had heard from an other friend from Beijing about a restaurant that stewed a whole pig in a large pot. The pot was kept going day and night.....for four hundred years! The pigs were replaced every few days, buty not all of the sauce.

      I asked my friend if he believed the story and he said yes. In fact he knew of a restaurant in Beijing that had a plot going for several years. He added that the French also did this kind of thing.

      I know that it's not Roman food, but it was so intriguing that I thought I would mention it.

      Allan