Re: Absintum Romanum

  • Gwenwhyvar
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2006
      I have just begun researching this, but from what I have read, it was used as a medicinal tonic. The Geoponica states that it was used to strengthen the stomach. It aided digestion, was useful for diseases of the hypochondria and liver, relieved pains in the stomach, and helped dispel the humors of rancid meat from the intestines.

      docendo discimus
      Gwenhwyvar
      www.ancientartsonline.com