Re: [Apicius] [Fwd: Williams-Sonoma Rome book]

  • P. Dominus Antonius
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2005
      I like the "Philosopher's Kitchen" by Segan. But I would also like to
      recommend "A Taste of Ancient Rome" by Giacosa.

      I only wish I had more time and talent for cooking.

      --
      >|P. Dominus Antonius|<
      Tony Dah m

      Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
      Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2005
        Salve!

        > There are some quasi-pasta recipes in the
        > ancient world. Lagana are a
        > type of fried "pasta". Artolagana are seasoned
        > lagana. The poet
        > Horace writes of eating chickpeas and leeks
        > with lagana. At least one
        > writer on Roman food, Patrick Faas, speculates
        > that the crispy strips
        > were used to scoop up the chickpeas and leeks.

        WOW!!! The first chips-and-dip!!

        Correus

        http://mail.yahoo.com