Re: [Apicius] [Fwd: Williams-Sonoma Rome book]

  • P. Dominus Antonius
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5 4:00 PM
      I stand corrected on pasta. I particularly love the idea the MP brought
      pasta noodles to the Chinese. LOL.

      --
      >|P. Dominus Antonius|<
      Tony Dah m

      Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
      Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius

    • P. Dominus Antonius
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5 4:04 PM
        I like the "Philosopher's Kitchen" by Segan. But I would also like to
        recommend "A Taste of Ancient Rome" by Giacosa.

        I only wish I had more time and talent for cooking.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2005
          Salve!

          > There are some quasi-pasta recipes in the
          > ancient world. Lagana are a
          > type of fried "pasta". Artolagana are seasoned
          > lagana. The poet
          > Horace writes of eating chickpeas and leeks
          > with lagana. At least one
          > writer on Roman food, Patrick Faas, speculates
          > that the crispy strips
          > were used to scoop up the chickpeas and leeks.

          WOW!!! The first chips-and-dip!!

          Correus

          http://mail.yahoo.com