feast

  • Sallygrain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12 3:16 AM
      Hi all

      This is just to inform you that there is a Ancient Greek banquet being held
      in New York on the 7th June. It takes place at Molyvos an highly recommended
      Greek restaurant on 7th ave, near 55th st. It is on behalf of the Speros
      Basil Vryonis Center for the study of Hellinism. Tickets are still available
      but as the meal is a fund raising event, ticket prices start at $350 each.

      I am acting as consultant and chef for the event in collaboration with the
      owners of Molyvos and the Center. If anyone is interested or knows anyone
      who may be tickets can be found on the following numbers:

      Center for Hellenism 212 665 0182
      Molyos 212 582 7500

      I know its expensive but the food will, I can promise, be first class. The
      menu includes among many others:

      Lucanica: a smoked spicy sausage based on the apician recipe.
      Toronaean Tuna: based on recipe in Archestratus.
      Honey roasted kid (marinated in milk and honey) in a date sauce.
      plakous: a layered cheesecake based on the recipe in Cato.
      Gastris: an ancient toffee made with honey, sesame seeds, nuts and poppy
      seeds, based on a recipe in Athenaeus.