Re: [Apicius] Re: Ancient Recipe Redactions Index

    Message 1 of 31 , May 31 9:27 PM
      Could I also get a copy of the CD?

      Larry Simpson
      P.O. Box 243
      Belle Plaine, KS
      67013
      USA

      --- conpara2 <pmzaret@...> wrote:
      > --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com, "Xaviar"
      > <medieval_man_inc@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In Apicius@yahoogroups.com, "conpara2"
      > 2000 ancient recipe
      > > redactions. The categories are: courses,
      > types of dishes, ingredients,
      > > English titles, Latin/Greek titles, ancient
      > sources, modern cookbook
      > > sources. If anyone needs assistance finding
      > a particular recipe, I'd
      > > be glad to help. PhilZ
      > >
      > > wow would love to have a dvd of that...
      > nice work,
      > >
      > > Xaviar
      >
      > Sorry for the delay. Just email me your mailing
      > address and I'll send
      > you a CD with the Redaction File.
      > PhilZ

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Gnaeus Salvius Astur
      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 2, 2005
        CN·SALVIVS·ASTVR·SODALIBVS·S·P·D

        S·V·B·E·E·V

        > Hi: The index has been put into an internet file, the address is:
        20Redactions%20Index-2.xls

        > In my own computer, I have Microsoft Works. I'm using, I believe,
        > a "Word" database.
        >
        > PhilZ

        It has worked, at least for me. It is indeed a normal .xls (Excel) file.

        Thank you, Phil.

        You have beaten me to it merely for being in a different continent, by
        the way. Your last messages with the whole file as an attachment had
        successfully transmitted the text as tabulated text, and I was just
        about to begin to transform it into an Excel file to upload it to the
        Files section of this mailing list's web site when I saw that it had
        already been uploaded.

        As I said before, it's an impressive index. I am sure that it will be
        very useful for me, because I always have troubles thinking up which
        recipe to try first. Now, I will look up what I have and just turn to
        the appropriate "Ingredient/Type" rows. :-)

        All true lovers of coquina Romana owe this gentleman a glass of mulsum
        if they are so lucky as to meet him somewhere. ;-)

        BENE·VALETE·TV·TVIQVE·OMNES

        CN·SALVIVS·T·F·A·NEP·OVF·ASTVR·SCRIPSIT