Re: [Apicius] Roman Legions

  • Joe Zielinski
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2005
      Hi Richard

      Thanks...can't believe I made a rookie mistake like that. It was a sauce used in the Roman Legions - I remember vividly a British cooking show and the chef was outdoors near Hadrian's Wall reproducing the types of dishes the soldiers ate.
      More and more I think it must be garum (fish sauce) since it was supposed to be strong and pungent.

      I have found some garum recipes, but I'm wondering how different the homemade stuff would be from something like Thai fish sauce...

      Thanks again.

      Joe Z.

      ( PanZagloba@... )